Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

By Matthew Tysz, a work of historical fiction with a dark humor theme, is titled We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. Magic, witchcraft, politics, and murder are all mixed in this story. In the Land of the Princes, Galen Bray, an orphan, resides. In the Land of the Princes, where warfare reigns supreme, all he knows is how to survive while attempting to get through the day. When a letter from his deceased uncle—who had previously resided in the Kingdom of Voulhire—was given to him, he was granted his freedom and was able to take over the iron business and his uncle's money.

The monarch of Voulhire is King Wilhelm Arcolo. He is a moral person who supports the proper political approach. Because his only son has no interest in politics, he feels under pressure from Midius Maido, the leader of the Mianoran Council, to propose a new king. He dissed his friend Meldorath and informed the populace of the kingdom that Meldorath had passed away out of a sense of justice. Is he actually gone, or did the King deceive his subjects? Discover the Volhurian Kingdom's mystery in this compelling story.

The intrigue and mystery that permeate the entire plot are what first drew me to this book. The reader cannot predict what will happen next. The writer did well to exclude such information. I also adore his writing style. Excellent character and plot development. There were a lot of characters in this book, but he gave each one their own chapter to grow, which helped me grasp some of it. We were switching between each character while reading from various perspectives.

What happened to Lord Eldus and his family made me unhappy. I'm eagerly anticipating learning more about the reason what happened occurred and the person who was responsible in the series' subsequent books. Similarly, I adore how authentic Rowan sounds. He lacks tact and has a harsh speaking style. I like the idea of using magic, since I enjoy reading stories about it. To make some of the Voulhirian languages easier to grasp, the author included a glossary at the conclusion.

Nothing about the book bothered me. Reading it is intriguing. Similar to this, there are numerous story twists and suspense to keep readers engaged. This book is free of mistakes. It is exceptionally edited. I rate this 5 out of 5 stars for these likes. Likewise, Rowan used a few sexually explicit terms, but there was no explicit sexual material.

I'll suggest it to anybody who enjoys dark scenes because this novel contains a lot of deaths. It is appropriate for fans of historical fiction.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

The first time I read this book I fell in love with the creativity in it. Galen Bray was able to overcome the difficulty in the Land. I enjoyed the book. Good job.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I haven't read this book but I have read different reviews on it and I was able to deduce from them that the book has an interesting plot. Yours also isn't an exception and I look forward to reading the book. Well done.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

The Land of the Princes being a dangerous and difficult location to be in, I can understand why Galen Bray chose to flee and find a better place to stay in. The plot is engaging and your analysis of the book is excellent.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I wonder what happens to Galen Bray in the kingdom of Voulhire, I like books that the readers cannot predict what happens next, this is a really wonderfully well written review. Congratulations on your published review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

The vouhire portrays the war in the Land of the Princes that affected a lot of lives making the citizen be in fear and lack freedom. This is portrayed in the life of Galen.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Magic, politics, witchcraft and murder? That's alot of serious content. Galen Bray will have to be an awesome protagonist to survive in the land of the princes.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This book is a mix of magic, fantasy, history, and wizardry. I really enjoyed reading it. There were a lot of characters that caused some confusion, but it was still all good.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

I haven't read this book but I appreciate the mixture of magic, action and intrigue. The plot sounds fascinating.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

the Land of the Princes is a land that is overthrown by war and, Galen Bray, an orphan was able to survive in this painful situation. Good job.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

My favorite character in this novel is Lord Eldus, his desire for the well-being of the people of Hillport without any selfish ambition is interesting.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

This book sounds like an historical fictional book. From the cover page, it seems interesting and intriguing. However, I don't think I'm cut out for this genre of book. Amazing review.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

I'll check it out because you said it's historical fiction with a mystery. Thanks for your review
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

I have read this book and it's worth reading. My favorite character and the protagonist of the book is Galen. I loved how he discovered himself in Voulhire and how he was accepted in his new environment
Mariam Ibraheem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-ibraheem.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Mariam Ibraheem »

I enjoy this book since the author put a lot of effort into it. Even if there are other characters, it's still easy to identify the main character.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”