Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book illustrates to readers the lengths these so-called terrorists will go to inflict harm. As the book's title implies, we are uncertain of who is indeed our friend and who is a fake. Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick is the second book in the series. You shouldn't worry that you won't understand it, as it can be read as a standalone

The book opens with a terrorist attack on a Brooklyn synagogue. Lara Edmond, an FBI special agent, and Uri Levin, a Mossad operative, are the two key characters in the story. They had gotten close while working together some years prior. Despite the fact that they hadn't spoken or seen one another for a while, neither of them had forgotten what they had done together. They begin the narrative in Brooklyn before moving on to Waco, Texas. Although they know that fake papers are involved, they are not yet certain how the two locations are related. So the mission takes them to a number of other locations to figure out what is actually happening in the background.

Where Lara and Uri are involved, for me, is where I most enjoyed the novel. It makes no difference if they are cohabiting, living apart, pursuing careers, or discussing their personal lives. They both take their work extremely seriously and are highly hardworking. In their respective fields, they are both held in high regard. When not working, they have a wonderful rapport and a good sense of humor. They are so respectful of one another and can connect without even speaking, which I find amazing. And last, I hate it when a book ends with more questions than answers. Thankfully, this book avoids doing that. In the end, questions are resolved, and everything makes sense.

The Middle East and all of its political tenets are well-known to author Jack Winnick. Because of how extensive the story's description is, I had no trouble seeing the landscape and surroundings, as well as the buildings he mentioned. The manners, attire, and individuals all sprang to mind. It caused me to experience the horror, the fear, the evil, and the darkness, as well as the humor required in situations of complete panic. I highly appreciate Jack for putting me through this experience.

There was nothing about this book that I didn't like. Throughout my reading of the book, I found no errors. This demonstrates that it was exceptionally well edited. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys adventure, detective fiction, or crime thrillers. Since there was nothing I disliked about this book, I'm giving it a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Fantastic Job on this review! I've always aspired to know what drives these terrorists. What gives them such strong convictions that they are willing to go to unimaginable ends to see their goals come to light? If we can get half the mind they have and put it to doing good, the world will indeed be a better place.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

This book sounds amazing! I love how the reviewer summarized and analyzed the book, and the storyline sounds so intriguing. I can't believe how far terrorists will go to cause trouble. It's a chilling reminder that we must always be vigilant and aware of our surroundings.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I love how the reviewer was able to summarize and analyze the book in such a witty and humorous way. It's amazing how the Bar-lev family was able to outsmart the security and get the bomb inside the temple. I'm sure the Rabbi was shocked.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

I can't wait to read this book in the future and find out what happens. This book sounds like a thrilling ride that I would love to take! It's amazing how Jack Winnick was able to capture such a complex and heartbreaking story in such a detailed way.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

This book sounds amazing! I love the way the reviewer was able to capture the story and its suspenseful plot. I can't wait to read it and find out if Lara and Uri will be able to uncover the sect behind the bombing.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html

Post by Samuel Songs »

I'm excited to see how the author has detailed every event and how the story progresses. I'm giving this book a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars and I definitely recommend it to all lovers of romance, mature adults, action, and suspenseful books."
" and friendly
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

I appreciate how the author expertly wrote this tale and how it was free of any typographical or spelling errors. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy thrillers and action-packed stories, but with the caveat that it is only suitable for adults due to its vulgarity and erotic scenes.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

The characters' relationships and the intricate details of the Middle Eastern nations were also skillfully written. I appreciate how the reviewer pointed out the lack of a table of contents. I would definitely recommend this book to readers who enjoy thrillers and action-packed stories.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

The Rabbi's expression of anguish over the synagogue bombing left me feeling unsettled on the inside. The way Lara and Uri worked with other teams to eliminate the terrorists mesmerized me. I wasn't bored at all while reading this book.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I would definitely recommend this book to readers who enjoy thrillers and action-packed stories. I also appreciate the fact that this book was free of typographical or spelling errors, which indicates that it was exceptionally well-edited.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

The author's descriptions of the conversations in the US on military and financial support for Israel sounds interesting. This book is definitely worth a read and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

I think this book would be a great addition to any thriller or detective fiction fan's collection. The combination of action, suspense, and international intrigue is sure to keep readers engaged from start to finish. I'm definitely adding Devil Among Us to my reading list, and I appreciate the reviewer for recommending it so highly.
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

The book seem to be well written and Jack was enlightened enough about the geographical location of the places used in the book and it makes understand better.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

The story of betrayals did not start now. We never know whos true and who's not, we all live in fear of one being betrayed or stabbed at our backs.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”