Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samuel Songs
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Samuel Songs »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The traditional notion of the universe's formation is given a fresh spin in Of Zots and Xoodles: Theodil Creates a Universe by Zaqnon The Embarrassed. At first glance, the book's distinctive drawings and the author's name stand out the most. His amazing discovery of his matrix thinking, his love of trying new things, his willingness to go beyond expectations, and his quest for self-discovery have given him a lot of chances to become a renowned author.

The story is masterfully constructed and thought-provoking. With the help of Zots and Xoodles, the scientific ideas in the book are shown in a way that teaches, entertains, and enlightens while also helping the reader learn more about physics. My impression of the book is that Theodil's trip is meant to make the reader think about the many things and forces that led to the creation of the universe.

There are a lot of things I disliked about this book. I've not read anything like this book before. You might need to take a few steps back to understand the flow because the concepts are complex. It was like studying principles in a language I just vaguely comprehended while reading the book. This is due to the fact that his thoughts employ a style of English that uses terminology that is difficult for someone else to fully understand since they are so subjective. As I continued to read, I began to feel worn out. The plot's ambiguity and continual reconsideration of what might be meant became distracting. I had to conclude that the book didn't measure up to its promise of clearly presenting the author's unique thoughts. I was very perplexed the majority of the time.

I loved the illustration and the way the text was broken into smaller sections to promote mental breaks and provide a clearer visual representation of the concepts being discussed. Unfortunately, there were a few instances where the diagrams seemed to interrupt sentences for no apparent reason. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose as part of the bizarre, abstract nature of the book, but I thought it happened too frequently to be fully appreciated. Therefore, I am giving the book a rating of three out of five stars for these reasons.

Readers who appreciate critical thinking and science will find the book most appealing. People interested in abstract and innovative cognitive processes would also find it interesting. For anyone working in the scientific field, this book would be excellent. I found no errors in this book, which is a sign that it was exceptionally well edited.

Of Zots and Xoodles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Judging from this review, the story in "Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed does not resonate with me so I am passing it along.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html

Post by Samuel Songs »

The illustrations seems to be wonderful wonderful, and they serve as a great visual representation of the universe's creation. If not for how they break sentences, maybe it would have not been a negative aspect. Thank you for recommending it to those who love science fictions.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

This is awesome I have always had difficulty understanding this book, but your review just made it easy and simple for me. I'm going to read it again ASAP.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is an interesting book with a lot of new facts to resonate with. I’ve not read it and I might not read it because it’s not one that catches my interest. Good job!
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

I tried my best in understanding what the book is all about. But it was a bit complex for me. I skipped the book owing to its complexity. Hopefully it's audience would find it very alluring.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

Of Zots and Xoodles: Theodil Creates a Universe by Zaqnon The Embarrassed seem like a very complex book that requires patience to read
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Theodil's account of creation as narrated in this book was unique though confusing. I enjoyed reading your review and I agree that the book had some complex principles. Interesting review.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I've read this book too and I'll say that the reviewer did an awesome job in this review. As rightly said the book was ambiguous and had lots of hard-to- understand terminologies.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

One thing about this book was that I found it hard to understand. However, I appreciated the drawings, the theme of the book, and some of the poems. Great review.
Newestobc
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newestobc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Newestobc »

I like how you write your review. I think I will have to give the book a read soon. I also enjoy the fee flow of words and how you clearly stated what you do not like about the book.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

I appreciate the author's thought in writing about the creation of the universe. But it gets confusing seeing different opinions on the creation of the world. The author made his open and brain racking. I like your review and how well you tried to construct it.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Zarqnon the Embarrassed does a great job of providing insight into his background and philosophy, and the illustrations are superbly done and provide a great visual representation of the various methods employed in the creation of the universe in the book. Even though it is very confusing, I think a lot of will still like to read it.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed is a book I'm sure I'll find hard comprehending it's contents. The storyline isn't engaging and appealing as it isn't in a genre I'm fascinated in. Well done.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

This book is an intriguing exploration of the power of creation and the cosmology of the universe. Zarqnon the Embarrassed's writing style is complex and difficult to penetrate, but it is also a captivating read. I think I will skip this one as it sounds complex.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”