Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

The cosmology of the universe and how it all came to be is explored in detail, and Frank Louis Allen's illustrations are a great addition to the narrative. While the writing style of this book is complex and could be difficult to penetrate, it is still a great read for those who enjoy science fiction.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

From what I read from this review, I don’t think I’m ready to read this book just yet. The author should have been more considerate while using the terminologies he used.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

Theodil's presentation of the idea of the universe to a committee is interesting and humorous. The illustrations by Frank Louis Allen are superb and add to the narrative. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy science fiction and want to gain insight into the cosmology of the universe. I'm definitely looking forward to reading this book.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

The writing style of this book is complex and difficult to penetrate and understand, and the plot could have been better developed. Despite these issues, I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy science fiction, as it is a great educational book without any profanity or sexual content.
Rose Lineani
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

This book is a fascinating exploration of the cosmology of the universe and how it came into being. Theodil's presentation of the idea of the creation of a universe to a committee is captivating and the reactions of the assembly are humorous.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

Books should be relaxing. If I needed to stress my brain to understand things i'd go read something on physics. Thank you for sharing this honest review with us.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

The book's exploration of the impact of JT's wealth on his sense of self is both fascinating and thought-provoking. The book's exploration of the theme of trust is both universal and timeless. The book's exploration of the theme of careful planning is both practical and insightful.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

Your review has highlighted the book's strengths and weaknesses in a balanced way, which is really helpful for readers to make informed decisions. I like how you've described the book's unique style and language use as it sets it apart from other books on the same topic.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

I appreciate the time and effort you put into writing such a thorough review.
Your review has made me curious about the book, and I might just have to give it a try. Your suggestion for a glossary or footnote is very practical and could be helpful to future readers.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

I like how you've explained the author's attempt to use humor in presenting scientific concepts, as it provides a unique lens through which to view the book. Your comments on the book's writing style and complexity are valuable insights for readers who are considering reading it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”