Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grace Lee Rose
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abel is a book in the historical fiction genre by Michael Tieman. This book is a creation account. It is a fictional narrative of the events that resulted in the depraved state of man.

The rebellion of Adam and Eve resulted in the fall of man. This action strained their relationship with God. They were banished from the luxurious garden of Eden and cursed by God. They quickly became accustomed to life outside of the garden. They soon began giving birth to kids. The first child was a girl who was named Eva. Before the birth of Cain and Abel, they had several female offspring. Cain possessed several vices, including arrogance. He believed that he was superior to his brother, Abel. This left him perplexed as to why Abel was loved more than himself. He became furious and allowed himself to turn resentful, and this made him commit an atrocious act that generated all the difficulties he began to experience.

Cain was protected from being killed and was given the grace of ample time to realise his mistakes and ask for God's forgiveness despite the heinous deed he committed. This clearly illustrates the fact that, notwithstanding how far we have wandered from God, he is always prepared and willing to show us mercy.

I was happy to see that the book has a distinct and captivating plot. Throughout the entire novel, tension and excitement were established and sustained. Most of it I loved because it was instructive. Another part that stood out to me was how the author developed several stories for different characters before bringing them together at the conclusion through shared circumstances. This book brought tears to my eyes. An instance of this occurred when Eva's anguish and heartbreak during a tragic event that involved her husband were palpable to me. But what she did after that stunned me. It is important to note that the book was superbly edited, as I didn't find any errors.

I am a devout Bible believer. I hold all of its teachings in the highest regard and reverence, thus, I am aware when a book that examines Bible events adds to or detracts from the actual reality of how those events transpired, as described in the Bible. As a result, I could see that some of the concepts in this book ran counter to what I previously knew about biblical events. I disagree with some of the author's ideas because I think the Bible is infallibly true. I decided to stick with what the Bible says happened. One of the author's distorted accounts of events included the Nephilim's construction of the ark. I preferred the version of the Bible that stated that the ark was only built by Noah and his family. I'll give this book a rating of four out of five stars for this reason.

Readers who appreciate Christian historical fiction stories should check out Killing Abel. Theologians would benefit from reading this work. Because the story is based on the Bible, non-Christian readers won't be able to relate to the book.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Valeria Riveraa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-riveraa.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Valeria Riveraa »

For a very long time, I've always loved biblical stories being narrated through a person's understanding and thoughts, just like author Michael Tieman has done. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I didn't find it objectionable. Thanks for your review.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

Michael Tieman's use of his imaginative capability to pen down this book is worth commending. The book was a delightful read. Thanks for the perfectly written review.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

This book is a funny but enlightening read that details some lapses in the Bible pertaining mostly to the creation story. I enjoyed your review of the book and look forward to reading it.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

Few books have actually given an account on creation. I appreciate that the author was able to string the pieces together and gave a detailed account, from his own perspective.
A well-detailed review. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Killing Abel was a thought-provoking book. It was fascinating to see old biblical stories come to life in a different perspective, completely different from the conventional wisdom. Abel's character was a meek and kind one, which I resonate with.
Baniaz279
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baniaz279.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Baniaz279 »

Despite knowing about the Bible before, your revie even wanted me to start opening the Bible again and read like I’ve never done before. This is to say you have a good review. Good one.
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

Wow! What a book! A biblical book from a fictional perspective. I love how the author analyzed the story of human creation and the events that unfolded in the old testament of the Holy Bible. Great review.
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

I just completed this book and it was amazing to read. Killing Abel is an historical fiction telling the story of Adam and Eve till the time of Noah. The book is suitable for Christians alone. Thanks for the review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

The author did some good job with this book. It was fun to read, even though some parts were boring at times, but I liked the conversations between all characters. Great review!
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

Killing Abel is a book that talks about God's love for his dear children and the first humans on earth. It gives a new perspective to the original story.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

This book seems to expand on certain stories that exist in Bible. You mentioned that it is instructive, and I'm curious to find out in what way. I am curious about the content of the book as well. Nice review.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

Killing Abel by Michael Tieman is an interesting book. I enjoyed reading the author's perspective. It gave me great insight to what could have been going through Adam and Eve's mind. Kudos!
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Killing abel is no doubt one of the best Christian frictional books out there. A very unique and different perspective on the death of Abel and the building of the ark. This is a great book and a must read. Thanks for a simple to read review
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

The fall of man has really been linked to lots of suffering. I'd love to hear this author's twists to the story of creation. Beautiful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”