Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Nicky Rita »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is the story of a sisterhood that comes together to form a strong bond. They laugh together, cry together, and watch out for one another. This group of women got together to share their memories, both good and bad, and to set goals for themselves to heal.

This sisterhood group is made up of Rose, Sophie, Veronica, Amanda, and Melody. Rose was the group's leader and the most experienced in the outdoor activity known as fly fishing. She suggested this outdoor activity to the sisterhood so that they could work through their problems together. Amanda is a scared woman with two children whose husband is in the military. She hopes she does not lose her husband. Sophie is a spinster in search of true love. Veronica is a married businesswoman who is concerned about her marriage and has experienced several traumas that she is unable to overcome. Melody is the last of them to join the group after being rescued from drowning by the other sisters. She couldn't bear the curses after several embarrassing incidents, so she joined this sisterhood to find redemption. Pick up this heartwarming book to find out how things turned out for each of them.

This book is extremely therapeutic. When I read about each of these women's stories, I realized that adulthood is the most difficult stage of life because of the effects it has on an individual's life before and after. Amanda's life is the kind of thing that most people do not want for themselves. Every day, you hope that your husband is still alive, which can be detrimental to your mental health. This book is fiction, but it is realistic because the women's challenges are similar to those that occur in real life today. I liked how the author delivered the storyline by writing each of the women's stories, which created wonderful character development. The reader must deal with a wide range of emotions.

This book had no flaws, in my opinion. This book will instill in you the desire to begin your adventures with your circle of friends. The book delves into themes such as bravery, sorrow, kindness, and friendship. This book is exceptionally well-edited. It contained no grammatical errors that I could find.

This book receives 5 out of 5 stars from me. The emotionally charged storyline is something to be admired. It's also nice to learn a new sport like fly fishing. It's interesting to see how this outdoor activity looks. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy books with strong emotions, drama, and adventure.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

Michelle Cummings has created a vivid and realistic world that readers will find hard to forget. I was impressed by the author's ability to tackle difficult subjects such as grief, loss, and mental health with sensitivity and grace
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

There is something I love about this book and that’s the way these five women came in contact. It seems like it was destined to happen.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

A heartwarming tale of family, friendship, and adventure centered around four sisters who embark on a journey of self-discovery.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

The Reel Sisters' blend of adventure, personal growth, and heartfelt moments makes it a compelling read. It's a book that stays with you long after you turn the last page.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”