Review of Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ebele Ekelobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Review of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Growing up as a young girl with a father who was a scientist and a mother who was a research engineer, Sylvie Beljanski desired a lot of attention as her parents were not always available. It was until she was grown that she understood that her parents were committed to the massive project of finding a natural cure for cancer. They discovered Pao Pereira and Rauwolfia vomitoria extracts, which are plant extracts that work against cancer stem cells, and those who used these extracts had good reviews. Surprisingly, this newly discovered remedy was declared unacceptable, and her father's laboratory was seized by the government after the passing of the French president, who recovered by using his extracts.

Mirko Beljanski went down with cancer, and ironically, his extracts were not available for his use as they were all seized. He later passed away, but before he did, Sylvie vowed to continue the research and fight for justice because Mirko Beljanski was treated unfairly by the government and the law.

I love the educational quality of this book. Reading it with an open mind will result in gaining a lot of information concerning health that will interest many readers. Every piece of information in this book is backed both scientifically and medically, so there is no chance of getting misinformed about anything. The author wrote about the suppression of holistic approaches to the treatment of illnesses in the medical field. She brought the politicisation of the scientific and medical fields to the reader's knowledge. There is a lot to learn from this informative book about health, cancer treatment, and how politics messes up the entire health sector.

I feel the author should have made use of simpler terms in explaining some of the issues in the book, considering the fact that her target audience does not only comprise scientists and medical practitioners but also laypeople and patients interested in the subject of the book. However, the appendix and little notes added to the book helped simplify things a bit. I found just an error in this book, so I firmly believe it was professionally edited.

I rate Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski 5 out of 5. This is a must-read for everyone regardless of whether or not you have cancer because you can learn a whole lot about the illness, and the knowledge may come in handy at some point in your life. The issue of technicality is mild and doesn't take much away from the quality of the book.

I recommend this book to researchers, authors, cancer survivors, patients, medical personnel, and scientists. They will not be disappointed after going through the information-laden pages of this work. Students in the medical field should also read this book because it will form a basis for groundbreaking discoveries in the search for a cure for cancer and other chronic diseases.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

I'm sure that some day, a cure for cancerous cells will be made available and all those people who've sacrificed their lives to find a cure for the terminal sickness will be remembered for their contributions and research regarding the cure. Your review of this book is impressive, and I'm sure I could learn one or two health tips from reading this book. Good day.
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

I was thinking this was fictional until I read the genre. What an absolute shame to disregard or suppress a possible cancer treatment. I am hopeful that more research is done in other countries and this treatment can be used elsewhere. Thanks for your review!
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

The seizure of Mirko’s natural remedy by the government thereby denying him usage of it when he came down with the illness is disheartening. Great review by the way.
Prosper2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prosper2000.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Prosper2000 »

Authors, cancer survivors, patients, medical personnel, and scientists will benefit heavily from this book. Great review by the way.
Okorji98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

I agree with the reviewer. Everybody should get a copy of this book. A natural cure to cancer is such an ingenious idea that needs to be populated as much as possible. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”