Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse by Tim Ferguson

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Obc Contentor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Rose, Sophie, Amanda, Veronica, and Melody are five sisters of different ages and social statuses who come together because of the interest they all show in a similar sport, fly fishing. Coming together, each sister hopes for both a common experience and individual interests that they could gain as they confide in each other and go out to the rivers in the woods, challenging the status quo that restricts the female folks from engaging in male-dominated tasks. Amanda surfers because of her husband's long-term absence in her love life, and she hopes to release some tension by confiding in the new experiences the sisterhood and fly-fishing can give her in life. Can each sister have her hope realized? You will have to read The Reel Sisters to find out. You will also witness the frenzy enjoyed and the complications encountered in the course of their sports around different rivers.

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings narrates the adventurous experiences of five sisters in a sisterhood. The sisters' experience of the fly-fishing sport attests to the life-enhancing role that the sport plays in their lives.

There is nothing I didn't like in the book. First, I want to thank the author for the intelligent effort she manifested in this great and impactful piece. The plot is thought-provoking for the female folks; it teaches them that they can push beyond the limits set over them by their gender. This is exemplified as the main characters challenge masculinity within their deep nature. After reading this book, I now believe that all females have an element of masculinity in their nature; it only requires an adjustment in mentality to believe and come out of the illusory boundaries that say females can't work in the woods or survive in the wilderness. In the case of the sisters in this book, each sister didn't listen to what the environment said concerning their choice to learn to fly fish. For instance, while Sophie was staring at different colorful in-glass flies in a fly shop, Rose entered the shop. Rose began a fly-fishing discussion and talked about the pride she takes in the work she does as a fly-fisher. Sophie was immediately amazed by the oozing passion emanating from the female gender. Then she, too, tried to bring out her masculinity, and she accepted Rose to step into her life.

The structure of the book also contributed to its interesting quality. It is written from the first-person perspective of each character and represents each chapter. I was awestruck by how the author achieved the tone of individuality for each of the main characters. This quality allows me to easily relate to the condition of each character, and I was able to get intimate with how each sister feels at different encounters in the sisterhood's involvement as they go about fly-fishing and recreating to have fresh breath.

For the fact that I have nothing to dislike about the book, as it is written interestingly, I would like to rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. I'd recommend the book to lovers of adventure stories. I would like all females around the world to have this book; it would help you to unleash the masculine potential in your deep nature and step up to experience life differently, far from the limitations set by the societal cocoon. Specifically, if you'd like to learn some basic tips and techniques about fly fishing, get this book and learn.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I have read different reviews on this book and they all attest to the fact that this book has a well-thought plot. I enjoyed reading your review too and look forward to reading the book. Welldone
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

This book is one of my best books because of the love that was share in the book, especially in giving Melody a future.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

What a captivating love that these women showed to this girl. I must read this book to gain knowledge on how to treat people. Good job.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

The Reel Sister is the book I will advise people to read because the women showed what true friendship are. I love your narrative in the review.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

It's a beautiful thing to see women come together and forming a strong bond. The real sisters is a book that centers on four women who love fly-fishing.
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

This book is indeed great. True friendship is important the bond of sisterhood was shown. I love this book and the author did a great job. Great review
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

I haven't read this book but your review makes me more interested to read it. I admire these four friends turned sisters. They have a common passion for fly fishing despite having separate challenges.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Your rating of the book speaks volumes about the quality of the content. I love that you gave it a perfect score and had nothing negative to say about it. It's always refreshing to read reviews that are honest and positive.
Michelle Joseph 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-joseph-2.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Michelle Joseph 2 »

I can tell from your detailed assessment that the author takes her readers on an exciting adventure while also exploring the lives of a group of five women with various life experiences and those of a fly fisherman. I am excited to read it.
Michelle Joseph 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-joseph-2.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Michelle Joseph 2 »

I can tell from your detailed assessment that the author takes her readers on an exciting adventure while also exploring the lives of a group of five women with various life experiences and those of a fly fisherman. I am excited to read it.
Rick Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rick-justin.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Rick Justin »

It is exciting that women also are now challenging their status quo and pushing beyond their limit, especially involving in male-dominating works like the fly fishing.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

I appreciate how you highlighted the educational aspects of the book. It's always great to learn something new while being entertained. Good review
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Your evaluation of the book says a lot about the caliber of its content. I appreciate that you gave it a flawless rating and didn't have any negative remarks to make about it. It's rejuvenating to come across reviews that are both sincere and affirmative.
Ahma Salawudeen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahma-salawudeen.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Ahma Salawudeen »

I absolutely loved this novel! It was incredibly compelling and I couldn't put it down. The plot twists and turns kept me hooked from start to finish. Highly recommended!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”