Review of Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NataNata32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natanata32.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Review of Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead

Post by NataNata32 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead" by Eric Right.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book was an actual surprise to me. I am a declared non-smoker and maybe tried Marihuana at a party once but would never want to integrate it into my life. This book though shares an interesting perspective of someone who did and also gave me one or two nice thoughts in addition in how the mind could open up a little more through that.

"Expand our knowledge by having our minds altered"; the idea that drugs can achieve this is not a new one. When there where humans/animals, there was consumption of substances that alter your perception. It was taken for rituals and ceremonies for a reason so I thing this point in this book is a valid one. What I am never too sure about and what this book also could not convince me of is that it is not possible to achieve more sensitivity or expanded knowledge without mind-altering substances. Also I am not convinced that smoking Marihuana is good to deal with stress relieve on "normal days" but the author also made clear that he would never recommend to take it all the time and at a younger age, and for special occasions or rituals I could agree- I was very very happy that this is not the case in this book

Also, it is written in a fun and easygoing language, with makes it easy to read it in one take.
I would rate it a 4 out of 5 stars - just because 5 would be outstanding and mind-blowing to me - while this was a good read and very nice.

Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nia Paca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nia Paca »

This book is nice for some people who uses marijuana as it is enlighting us how is it in nature.
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Doomsday Clock by Mark Pearson

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I like the point of view that you offer, the book seems to be interesting and entertaining, I would give it an opportunity to read it and see how it seems to me. Thanks for the review.
Hannah Hampton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-hampton.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Knowledge by Terence H.Young

Post by Hannah Hampton »

I think it's really interesting that more and more literature is being printed about marijuana usage! Excellent review, I rarely see novels dealing with drug usage in a positive light.
Shondranika Ford
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Shondranika Ford »

Thanks for the review. I’d like to give this a read now. I definitely agree with your perspective. A lot of people are leaning toward saying mj is a miracle that should be smoked daily. Glad this wasn’t another one of those cases.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I can agree with many of your points about the use of cannabis. I have friends that use it for anxiety way too often in my opinion. The use for rituals has a long history. The belief that you can only get to an altered state through drug use is just wrong. Many have achieved this through mediation. Thank you for your review and for sharing your opinions on this subject.
incrediblebk1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-incrediblebk1.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by incrediblebk1 »

This book sounds educational. Let me have a read
LadyEve34+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by LadyEve34+ »

"Higher Connections" based on this review seems like a must read for me. I like your perspective on this book; your review sparks my interest towards reading this book.Thanks for sharing.
Nessa Taylor
Favorite Author: Charles Townsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nessa-taylor.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale
fav_author_id: 232651

Post by Nessa Taylor »

This book sounds very educational. I've met people who use drugs for anxiety so it'd be interesting to learn more from that point of view.
Joanna Olson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanna-olson.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Joanna Olson »

This book seems very interesting to me. While I’m not a fan of marijuana, it sounds like the author has an interesting and unique take on it!
Joanna Olson
@joannasbookshelf :D
Kagum Putra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kagum Putra »

It was good for share the expand experienece by read your review...it is useful indeed...well done...
aime rivera
Currently Reading: E M P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aime-rivera.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by aime rivera »

Interesting points of view from reviewer and from the author of the book. It is always important to expand our knowledge and points of views in a variety of topics, even cannabis. I might read this book, seems entertaining. Thank you for the review.
Elana D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Elana D »

:lol2:
Divine Nicole Galan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Divine Nicole Galan »

This book is really great! I will recommend it to my friends.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

This book seems to be very educational, I can't wait to read it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”