Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by E Daves »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Matthew Tysz's fantasy book, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies tells the story of Galen, who fled his village and moved to Voulhire. One cannot overstate the implications of the pursuit of wealth and power. These are highlighted in the book.

Galen Bray, a young man from the Land of the Princes, flees there after receiving a sizable inheritance and his uncle's invitation to Voulhire. He had never met this uncle, a Voulhire-based blacksmith. Voulhire is a wealthy country with abundant resources and is experiencing its most rapid economic expansion.

Galen must learn how to fit in when he first comes to this point in the country's history. Additionally, he must avoid falling victim to Voulhire's predators. Voulhire is not immune to the politics and problems brought about by change and economic expansion, just like every other country on the planet. This book reveals a country where magic, knowledge, and skill coexist. What lies ahead for Galen and the entire Voulhire nation?

The book's opening map of Voulhire is highlighted in We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies. This helped me understand the location I was reading about. At the end of the book, some terms were explained, which helped clear up most of the terms that had Voulhirian roots.

Reading about the magic world and how individuals go about their daily lives is intriguing. I picked up a lot of new vocabulary from this book. The book's structure in Voulhire is also intriguing and unique compared to other books I've read. The book starts out slowly but picks up speed as the plot develops. I had the opportunity to observe each of the author's well-developed characters from a variety of angles. I admire how expertly he created and developed the characters. They appear animated and emotional. Also, the book's scenes are beautifully portrayed, helping the reader form a distinct mental image of Voulhire. The plot itself is the highlight of the book. The fictional world has been realistically woven by the author, who has done a fantastic job of it.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fantasy books. There are some violent scenes, some sexual assault references, and some foul language. In my opinion, both adults who appreciate stories of kingdoms and magic and mature young adults should read this book. I didn't see any typos or errors while reading this book, which shows that it has been exceptionally well edited. I didn't find anything to dislike about this book. Therefore, I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

Truly the pursuit of money and power can have disastrous result. Voulhire is indeed a strange nation. I love the concept of the book. I would love to read it sometime. Nice review
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

Truly the pursuit of money and power can have disastrous result. Voulhire is indeed a strange nation. I love the concept of the book. I would love to read it sometime. Nice review
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

Greed is one of mans' oldest vices. This book talks about the pursuit of power and wealth by a few at the detriment of many. I love your review of it and look forward to reading it.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I love how you highlighted the different characters and their roles in the story, as well as how you discussed the book's detailing and the author's excellent job. I also appreciate that you noted the book's positive aspects and that you didn't encounter any errors while reading it.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

You did a great job of pointing out the positive aspects of the book, such as its editing and the depth of the characters. I'm definitely looking forward to reading this book in the future. Great job!
Miracle Johnson 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Miracle Johnson 2 »

I love this book already!
You recommended it for people who love fantasy and I'm beginning to crave the book. I'm a lover of fantasy books so I'll add it to my bookshelf and read later
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

While reading this novel, I really wonder what the aim of Meldorath was. Was it for power or revenge? I’ll like to know in the remaining books of the series. Good job!
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

This book sounds like a nicely written fiction. It even contains a map of Voulhire. The cover page is very intriguing and makes the book inviting. Amazing review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I haven't read the book but I have read different reviews of it. I don't like books with high graphics and adult scenes, that's why I will pass this. Your review is well-written. Well done.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

We are Voulhire sounds like a ancient book written in an amazing plot, filled with great characters I have seen many reviews on it and it's always nice. Thanks for a great review as well.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz is a great book with story of a surbodinate who wants to overthrow his boss. I enjoyed the read.
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

I totally agree with your review of this book by Matthew Tysz! I love how you highlighted the positive aspects of the book, such as the inclusion of several perspectives, the detail and depth of the characters, and the likable perso nalities of the characters. I also appreciate that you mentioned the book was exceptionally well edited, and that you couldn't think of any negative aspects.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I absolutely agree with your review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. I appreciate your detailed analysis of the characters, plot, and writing style. I can see why it would be appealing to fans of fiction, suspense, fantasy, action, and thrillers.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

I think that the author did a great job on the detailing and editing, and I appreciate that the supporting characters had substantial roles to play in the story. I also think that Lord Aldus is a great example of what a good leader should be.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”