Review of Timewise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Review of Timewise

Post by Temi Book »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Not everyone has the good fortune to come across someone who will challenge them to become the best versions of themselves. Such is the tale of Ron Larsen. Ron is an orphan who spent his childhood being moved from one foster family to another. Ron developed into a professional chess player from aimless wandering, and it was here that he met Regina Russo, a stunning physics professor. She catches his attention right away when they first meet.

Later, Regina volunteered at Ron's school, which strengthened their bond. They were buddies up until Regina moved out. At the age of 18, Ron is no longer suited for a foster family. Before Regina, who has been spying on him from a distance, shows up at his door, he loses interest in studying and starts to gamble. She and Ron come to a highly lucrative agreement. Continue reading to learn how Regina was able to highlight the positive aspects of Ron's life in Timewise.

In all honesty, Robert Leet is a superb writer. He skillfully crafted a masterpiece out of the words he chose to use. Regina and Ron's initial encounter is not, in my opinion, a coincidence. She presumably recognized his potential and was motivated to help him achieve it because of this. Regina, you succeeded, I'll say. The witty exchanges between them were enjoyable. The majority of the physics theory reminded me of my high school quantum physics classes. Even though this looks to be a more developed version, I could still identify with portions of it.

Regina did a good job of not questioning Ron's intelligence. He was treated by her in the same manner as an adult. Even if it took some time for him to fully grasp some of her beliefs, Ron was composed enough to absorb information and pay attention. I shared Ron's opinion that Regina was insane, especially given how passionately she wanted to construct that device. Additionally, I'll add that Ron has been incredibly fortunate in terms of the ladies he has met. Apart from Regina, the first was the woman who showed him how to find plants on a map. She piqued his interest in the outdoors. Then he married Sheila, and the two of them accomplished a great deal of good work.

The main character Ron's casual sexual behavior is the book's one flaw, in my opinion. He ought to have shown more restraint. However, I still give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Amazing information is included in this fascinating book. You cannot go wrong with this choice. While reading, I discovered no mistakes. It's been expertly edited.

I'll suggest this to readers who enjoy science fiction. I believe that some of the physics that are incorporated in the story makes this more appropriate for physicists.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aghedo Blessing
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aghedo Blessing »

Regina did a good job of not questioning Ron's intelligence. He was treated by her in the same manner as an adult.
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

Not everyone sees challenges positively. Regina had a great influence on Ron's work. What Ron conceived as a challenge turned out to be a blessing in accomplishing his tasks. Nice review!
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

The book seems to have an intruding storyline. I love how your review flowed with the suspenseful end in the second paragraph that would trigger readers who come across it want to read more. I enjoyed d plot it was fascinating.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I love the plot of this book. I’m definitely adding this to my shelf. What’s that the main character and his professor created? I’m curious. Great review!
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

I admire the dynamics of the friendship between Ron and Regina. Ron's luck with the kind of women in his life is a testament to the fact it is good relationships with good people that will impact your life. Great review.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

The life of Ron was inspiring to me. I like the fact that he pressed on and pushed harder despite not having the financial capability or parental love. The summary of this review is exciting and intriguing.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I think I like the relationship between Regina and Ron. Although, I expected more of the scientific aspect since it's a sci-fi book. Amazing review.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I enjoyed this book when I read it. The relationship between Ron and Regina is what I like most. The quantum physics explanation in the book is also topnotch. I like your reading.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Regina seems to be an angel sent to help Ron in his future endeavors. I look forward to reading this book as I'm interested in whether their relationship would be romantic or not. Interesting review.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

Timewise by Robert Leet is a book I look forward to reading. The storyline and characters is intriguing and engaging. I'm excited to find out how the events would unfold. Well done.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

The plot of this book is interesting and I like the relationship between Ron and Regina. Nice review.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

This is a fascinating review. I like the relationship between the professor and Ron. If like to read the book to see why the reviewer felt the initial meeting wasn't a coincidence. Well done!
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

Looking at the life of Ron you cannot help but marvel at how much of a fascinating character he is. Timewise by Robert Leet really is an amazing read.
Excel Chisom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-chisom.html
Latest Review: Becoming Athena by Katherine Lore

Post by Excel Chisom »

I didn't really vibe with this book while reading
Ron was an amazing character but the whole physics made me dislike the book. Your review was amazing by the way

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”