Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Famzi Ken »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Pet animals can be a wonderful addition to a home. They could be kept for fun or other purposes. But what if your pet turns out to be more useful than you expected? Will you like that? The book, Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula, was written by R. F. Kristi. This book is particularly interesting because the pet cats were indeed detectives.

Inca had a sister, Cara, and a brother, Fromage. They, a cat, two dogs, and a hamster made up the detective team. They were at Solo's house one Sunday morning. As they were admiring the picture of a Siberian tiger, the Inca's human owner, Mum, made an announcement. She had been appointed as one of the judges of the French patisserie competition. Excited, Inca ran off to announce, to her friends, their upcoming new adventure. Mum wanted to use that opportunity to introduce her new cheese. But she had a rival, Enzo, who would like to ensure that her newly created cheese isn't displayed. Would he succeed? What adventure awaited Inca and his detective friends?

I found this book interesting although it was a children's book. There was a lot I learned that children could also learn from the book. One of them was the description of the Siberian cat, and another was some history of North and South Korea. I liked the illustrative pictures used in the book. This would appeal to readers. Children that can't read fluently can easily follow the story using those pictures.

There was nothing I disliked in this book. The book was well-organized. The pictures were placed in the right places. The animal characters were interesting to read about. This helped me get a glimpse of animals' opinions on some situations. There were moral lessons children could easily learn from the book. One of them is that it's bad to steal. This lesson can be learned from the part about Enzo.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I found no errors. It was exceptionally well-edited. Readers will enjoy reading this book. The cover page and title of the book are attractive enough to garner readers. The pictures in it will entice children to read it and not be bored by it. It's very good if children's books teach life lessons. This book did so in an easy-to-understand manner. I recommend this book to parents and young children.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

Yeah this book is a very promising read for young for children. It was kind of compelling and I felt like getting a pet in my home. Not only that the narrative pattern was so amazing.
Valeria Riveraa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-riveraa.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Valeria Riveraa »

At this point, I know that I'm not mistaken when I say I'm in love with the Inca book series. I always look out for the Inca book series because there are several attributes or qualities often displayed by Inca and her furry friends which I can incorporate into my daily life. Thanks for the review.
Malthide Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

The illustrative pictures and the author's writing format are the best features that any reader could spot easily when they read this book. A good review.
Zillionaire_me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zillionaire-me.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Zillionaire_me »

A good review it is.
I enjoy reading children's book and the illustrations in this book is another strong reason why this particular book appeals to me.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

I love the Inca family book series. Another thing i admired most about them is the fact that their cooperate very well and have a good team spirit. Well-done for a great review!
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I’ve read two books on the Inca series and I’ll say the author is a great writer. The grammars used were simple one, and there are fascinating pictures also. Nice review!
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I have a pet and I agree with you that pet animals are fun to keep and really interesting to have and it's nice that children can really learn from this book from Inca and her pet company.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I've read the Inca series myself, I love watching Inca and team solve their cases. I typically enjoyed when they reunited Ji with his sister. Beautiful review.
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

Kristi is a wonderful writer. As you mentioned, though she writes for children, there is a lot adults could learn from this work. I especially loved how she nimbly expressed the conquering of our doubts through Inca
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

The story addresses important issues in a way that is appropriate for young readers. A good review.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

Children's book like this that contains chapters can be a great way to introduce older children to more complex storylines and themes.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

I appreciate the author's ability to address sensitive topics in a child-friendly way, and to promote the importance of collaboration and teamwork in solving problems. This is an important consideration for parents looking for books for their children.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”