Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Flourish Sunday »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Garon Whited's Nightlord: Sunset provides a precise explanation of the phrase "one wrong step can change your life forever." The protagonist of the tale is a man by the name of Eric. Eric went to the club with his friends to have fun on a particular night because he was still trying to cope with the agony of heartbreak. He drank himself into inebriation. When Susan saw him, she took him home. She believes he is the reincarnation of her husband, who has been dead for a long time. Eric awoke the next morning a different man with a different realization. He notices that everything about him has changed, and he gets to know the story of his previous life. While he was still trying to make sense of everything, events from his past began to hunt him. Do you want to know about Eric's past and how he fared as a different man? Get a copy to find out. 

I enjoy reading books like this. From the very first page of the book, I felt a connection to the narrative. The author did a good job of crafting the story, and it has a well-thought-out plot. Every character in the novel is distinct and introduced in a way that would make readers adore them. Reading about Eric's adjustment to his new life captivates me. I can only imagine the shock he experienced when he learned Susan had infected him against his will. But he didn't waste time picking himself up; he forgave Susan without passing judgment. Another aspect of the novel that I love is how the author grew Eric. Eric developed from a regular person into a Nightlord, a valiant warrior who wields magic. His experiences were described in this book in a way that the readers could comprehend. 

The section of this book where the author offers a fresh viewpoint on vampires is my favorite. Vampires are frequently portrayed as blood-sucking demons who cannot walk in the sun. It's captivating to read about Eric the Vampire, who can walk in the sun and uses his powers to save men. In this book, the author expertly weaves action, emotion, humor, and suspense. I found it difficult to put the book down as I followed Susan and Eric's story.

I have no complaints regarding the book. The storyline is told in first-person narrative style, and the action flowed beautifully. The plot of the book is engaging and educational. The author is a master of creativity. I'd like to commend the author for the imaginative writing in this book. Since I was unable to find any flaws in the book, I will also praise the editor for a job well done. This indicates that the book has been expertly edited.  

Because it has broadened my knowledge in so many areas and given me new insights into life, I rate the book five out of five stars. I suggest this book to readers who enjoy fiction and science fiction. It will also appeal to readers who like romantic suspense and thrillers.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

I wish to know more about Eric's past. I like that Eric easily forgave Susan and moved on and also Tried to fix himself into the new life, he found himself .Great review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love the author’s creativity to create new theories about vampires. They are quite interesting to read. The book is filled with suspense that will keep one engaged. Nice review!
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

Writing stories around vampires is not easy; it requires a lot of creative juice. I commend the author's creativity for this great work.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I enjoyed stories told from first person perspective; they give me perfect understanding of the plot as it renders personal view of the narrator. I will read this book soon.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I wonder how Eric will feel when he wakes up and found out that his life has changed from what it was before. This is an interesting story to read. Nice review.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

The Story of Eric is an interesting one, I like the fact that he displayed bravery in most situations he found himself in. Nice review, brings back memories of my experience.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

I'm impressed with how well you summarized the book and analyzed the characters, plot, and writing. Your deductions and rating make perfect sense, and I agree with your recommendation.
Last edited by Sly Thompson on 24 Jan 2023, 03:27, edited 1 time in total.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

I agree with your review of Nightlord: Sunset. I think Garon Whited does an excellent job of creating a unique world for his vampires to inhabit and the descriptions of Dayblood and Nightwalker were truly fascinating. I was also impressed with the way Eric developed as a character and his journey of self-discovery. However, I do agree that some of the passages were confusing and the book was overly long. I think the story could have been condensed into fewer chapters and the introduction could have been shorter. Nevertheless, I think this book is worth reading for those who enjoy supernatural and urban fantasy stories.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hartly Samsford »

This review was a great read! I'm definitely intrigued by the plot and characters, and I'm definitely considering picking up a copy of Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited in the future. I love how the reviewer managed to keep the tone witty and humorous throughout the entire review. It's a great way to keep the reader engaged and excited about the book. Kudos to the reviewer for such a great job.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html

Post by Hartly Samsford »

This review was really interesting and informative! I love how you described the characters and the plot of the book. I'm definitely intrigued by the story and I'm looking forward to reading the book. It sounds like a great read and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Thank you for the review.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

An amazing review, and I'm glad I stumbled upon it and I'm definitely adding it to my list of books to read. You did a great job of summarizing the plot and analyzing the characters, and I love how you pointed out the pros and cons of the book. I'm looking forward to reading it soon.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

Surely one wrong step can change our lives forever, and I believe that the wrong step that Eric took by getting drunk was what changed his life. Nice review.
Ein Stein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ein-stein.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by Ein Stein »

I definitely lovr your review of In Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited. I was intrigued by the new spin on vampire capabilities and the descriptions of Dayblood and Nightwalker. I also enjoyed the exciting adventure that Eric faced.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I have been seeing this book. And I will read it one day. It's about vampire and the first book in the series. I believe it will be captivating and exciting. I like reading your analysis.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”