Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Natalie Sheph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-sheph.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Review of Man Mission

Post by Natalie Sheph »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is the story of a 15-year annual trip filled with excitement and risk that drew four friends together for good. The list of nations on the book's cover is not random, and it is an incomplete list of the countries visited by the main protagonists. The color dark red is associated with energy, enthusiasm, and an active lifestyle, which perfectly conveys the spirit of the book. The book also outlines the principles that the boys adhere to, such as not purchasing luxury stuff, traveling with only men, pushing boundaries, and so on. The book covers fifteen journeys, so the number of chapters is the same. The epilogue at the end of the book closes the story, brings a warm message to the reader, and leaves the rest to our imagination.

The book not only tells us about adventures and travels, but at the same time, we hear about the personal lives, careers, and difficulties of the characters. Of these trips, my favorite place was Fiji. The reader is placed in a pleasant mood by the slow, cheerful rhythm of life, lots of dancing, and the sun, and if you're not afraid of sharks, it's a dream place. Also, the experience in Iceland seemed unique to me, maybe since it was the last trip. It was more emotional than dangerous thus I believe it aroused particular emotions in the reader.

The plot is vibrant, and the action is fast-paced. Each chapter opens with a fresh adventure while also informing the reader of the events that have occurred thus far. I loved this method because as soon as we are interested in a new trip and have one soul to comprehend how the events are unfolding, the narrator reverses direction and informs us about previous occurrences, which are likewise read in one breath.

I wish the author had provided more information about the characters. I think the book was more concentrated on telling shared stories and individual stories were left out of focus, which affected the character arcs. Also, the publisher's name was printed on every page, which distracted the reading process.

Considering all this, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. This is a dynamic, quick read that will not leave anyone disappointed. Based on the fact that I did not notice any mistakes while reading, I can say that Man Mission is a very well-edited book. I recommend it to readers who love adventure stories. Lovers of travel will also enjoy reading and may discover previously unknown places.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Valeria Riveraa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-riveraa.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Valeria Riveraa »

One thing I've come to realize over the years is that life always happen and people are growing. A lot of people will grow out of friendships and even activities that they once engaged in. But I'm glad that these men stuck around for each other, even when their each have their different lives to live. Thank you for the review.
Fawmi FJumana
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

As life goes on most people will grow out of friendships and activities they used to do at a time of their life. They turn out to be fond memories only. But I'm glad that these men found the ability to take what they loved further into their lives. Though they had different lives they made time for each other.
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

It's a really great book, i read and enjoy
We all pass this time when we want to take a moment for ourselves
And how hard relationships could be with all the obstacles we faces.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”