Review of The Fourth Kinetic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Review of The Fourth Kinetic

Post by Temi Book »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Rion Grean, a recluse, and his mother have constantly been on the go, rarely settling down for too long. Most of this relocation was brought on by his mother's freelance career. Since he anticipates that they will stay for a while—perhaps even a few months or years—he refuses to create any kind of bond wherever they end up. Only the most basic information is known to Rion about his mother, and she is also unaware of the emergence of his telekinetic skills. Rion attends Tyler High, after recently relocating to Missouri. Until Danielle Young approached him, he continued to behave in the same manner. They quickly grew close, but when Rion and his mother were forced to relocate once again unexpectedly, this friendship was severed.

Rion and his mother became separated during this transfer while traveling. Rion eventually met others who shared his type of abilities—clairvoyants—as a result of this. Now, he considers them to be his new family. Rion needs to put his new family first if he wants to survive the conflict that is coming. Will everyone make it? Rion is who? And what secrets is his mother keeping from him? Read The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants to follow the drama as it develops and secrets are made known.

Brady Moore is a truly talented author. The first page of the book has a hook. I was captivated and read all the way to the last page because I was curious to see how the story would end. I will state that this novel is filled with suspense and surprises. The plot twist that occurred, particularly near the conclusion, was unexpected. I adore how the plot was woven by the author. I really like Rion in this story. He is strong, tenacious, and energetic, which I appreciate. The majority of the battle was won because of his power. I wonder what it was like for him as a child to constantly move from one location to another without any clear justifications.

My second preferred character is Aries. Rion would not have survived after encountering the “predators” if it weren't for him. I appreciate how the author injected some humorous commentary into their chats. Throughout the book, I chuckled a few times. I adore Rion, who develops throughout the story from a helpless youngster to a man capable of facing down an adversary. That was fantastic.

I also have some reservations about this book. I objected to how underdeveloped the supporting characters were. Given that they are all strong humans, the author may have allowed us to read from their perspectives. It would have improved the story's flow. Additionally, I thought it was incredible how quickly Rion was able to perfect his skills. I'll admit, that section was too brisk. Similarly, it would have been preferable if there had been another word to describe their constant gnarling, snarling, etc. facial expressions. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars because of these factors. I gave the bad aspects one star less.

While reading this book, I came across a few mistakes. Consequently, it was professionally edited. This book makes frequent use of profanity. So, you might want to steer clear of this if you're not comfortable with it. I'll suggest this book to readers who enjoy science fiction. This is for you if you enjoy some action as well. I can't wait to read the next installment in the series. Enjoy!

The Fourth Kinetic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore seems to be an interesting book from your review. I will read to know if Ron finally get to see his mother again.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

The author sounds like a good writer. It's rare to see books that keep you hooked to the very end. Since this book is filled with suspense and surprises, then it should be intriguing. Great review.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

It seems like the book talks about the story of a single mother who would later find out that her son has super powers. Nice review.
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

This book is a fictional book that talks about how a loving mother had to protect her son while keeping a huge secret from him. This story is very amazing. Good review.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

Did he later get a good friend that lasted long? I'm getting interested in this book. I think somethings would have been better if hismom did not keep him in the dark though. Nice review.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

It's disheartening for Rion to get separated from his mother. I wonder if they will reunite. I guess I have to read the book to find out. Thanks for the great review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

There are so many mysteries to unravel in Fourth Kinectic. How did Ron discover his powers and why did his Mother hide the truth from him? Great review well done.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

The Fourth Kinetic is an interesting sci-fi story about people who are called Clairvoyants with strange and great abilities. One can’t get bored while reading it. Great review!
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I am a fan of science fiction stories and your review captivates me. I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

I find the plot interesting and i have a lot of questions that can only be answered by reading the book.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

This sounds like my favorite super hero movie, The Flash. The book's cover page is intriguing, and I would really love to read the story of Rion Green and his powers. Amazing review.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

This is a really great science fiction book with an amazing plot, fans of sci-fi and telekinesis would definitely love this book a lot. I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

I like this book's cover. It's pleasing to the eyes, and I'm curious to find out if the storyline is engaging. Thanks for the good review of this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”