Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Health, they say, is wealth. The importance of staying healthy and having good health cannot be overemphasized. There are a lot of things people cannot do or engage in because of their health conditions. Meanwhile, the need for one to have access to a standard health facility and health insurance scheme would also aid in improving one’s health.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C is an informative and educational book that exposes one to the basic aspects of health medicine and its significance. It also discusses the financial and legal aspects of medicine. This book reveals the progressive changes that have occurred in medicine and the current challenges being experienced in the health sector. The author also shares her biography as someone who grew up in a family of health professionals. This eventually influenced her decision to become a medical doctor, just like her father. In this book, she enlightens the reader on how to get effective and efficient access to good healthcare using the most cost-effective means. The first portion of this book focuses on the author’s life, her childhood and what medicine was like while she was growing up. The second portion discusses the main issues in the healthcare industry and possible means of overcoming these issues.

There are no words to describe or express how grateful I am to have read this book at this time. It was mind-blowing. I enjoyed reading every page of this book, from the biography to the medical terminologies to the health challenges to the possible solutions and recommendations. This book is fascinating and rich in quality information about health, healthcare systems, healthcare professionals and caregivers. The author’s style of writing is exceptional. Even though the book is more inclined towards the medical field, one could easily read and comprehend everything communicated in this book. The author attempted to demystify and explain medical terminology as thoroughly as possible. This would help readers who are not in the medical field read without getting lost at some point. There are also some life lessons one could learn from the author’s past life experiences and challenges. I gained a lot of vital knowledge for myself just by reading this book.

There is, however, one thing I did not like about this book. I noticed that a few chapters were unusually short. The author’s train of thought was abruptly ended. More information could have been revealed. Aside from this complaint, there is nothing else I dislike about this book.

This book deserves the highest rating from me. I see no reason to deduct a star. Therefore, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. This is because it was enlightening, practical and informative. This book was professionally edited. I did not notice any typographical or grammatical errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to people seeking better ways to improve their health. This book would also be suitable for people who are eager to learn about the healthcare system, its progress and its challenges in our modern world.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Harry Benjamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Harry Benjamin »

This is a well written review. There is need for improvement in the healthcare sector.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

The book's practical strategies for managing healthcare costs and improving efficiency offer valuable insights for individuals and organizations grappling with financial challenges in the healthcare sector.
Raphael Raymondd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raphael-raymondd.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Raphael Raymondd »

Surviving the Business of Healthcare highlights the need for collaboration and innovation in an industry constantly grappling with change.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Osakwe Favour »

Surviving the Business of Healthcare is a comprehensive guide that empowers readers to take control of their health. Barbara's expertise is evident throughout the book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”