Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Amy Toria »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Most individuals, I'm sure, would do anything to bring a loved one back. You will always make an effort as long as there is some hope. Randall, a scientist, travels to many countries to conduct research. Before going missing and being assumed dead, he last visited Zona.

Grant, who was his uncle's only heir, went to Russia to claim and set up his share of the money. However, he learned that he could still track down his uncle. Grant thinks his uncle is still alive due to some strange things he found in his apartment. However, the terrible incident that befell Grant and his company will leave them stunned, helpless, and frustrated. To what extent will he go in order to bring his uncle back?

I had a great time reading Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker. The characters held a lot of attention and were well-developed. My favorite character in the story was Grant, who was courageous and giving. He didn't have faith in his uncle's friends concerning the mission they were embarking on. He also needed to return to his job. Nevertheless, he ventured to look for his uncle in an area he knew nothing about. The group that was deployed to Zona made an effort to be as prepared and coordinated as possible. However, even as they prepared for the journey, they continued to run into unforeseen dangers. Despite all of these things and the tragic losses they experienced, this unusual location had such an impact on them that I was startled by the choice they made much later in the book.

Nothing about the book bothered me. The story's plot is well-structured and captivating. I pondered the plot's twists and turned to look for the story's cliffhanger. One of these was clear from the fact that these people had sexual adventures in strange places. The editing of the book is excellent. There were no errors that I could see, so I would say that it was exceptionally well-edited. For the reasons listed above, I am rating this book 5 out of 5 stars.

This book will be fun to read for people who like books about scientific adventures and expeditions. I would also suggest this book to you if you enjoy reading books with elements of romance, suspense, and adventure. I think you should avoid Zona: The Forbidden Land if you don't like books with violent and graphic sexual content.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

I completely agree with your assessment of Zona: The Forbidden Land! It's an exciting and thrilling adventure, and the character development is very well done. The setting and plot are so immersive that you can easily get lost in it. I also appreciate the fact that Fred G. Baker put so much effort into editing the book. I'm definitely looking forward to reading it in the future!"
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

This is an excellent review of Fred G. Baker's Zona: The Forbidden Land. I love how you summarized the storyline and highlighted the character development and setting. I'm looking forward to reading this book in the future and exploring the mysterious land of Zona. Thanks for the.great review
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

The Mystic land of Zona. Is the land cursed? Why do so many tragic things happen on the way to the land of Zona? Thank you for sharing this detailed review.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

The character development and descriptive writing are some of the best I have seen and I love the journal entry format. I can definitely understand why you wouldn't recommend it to younger readers due to the sexual content, but I'm definitely interested in reading it.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

The sexual content was really out of lack of self constraints and I feel that these contents are what adds up to make the book unique and I enjoyed reading this review.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hartly Samsford »

I would recommend this book to readers who are looking for an exciting adventure with a moral lesson. The sexual content makes it more suitable for older readers. The reviewer is right that this book is not suitable for younger readers due to its sexual content, but it is definitely a great read for those who enjoy science fiction and fantasy books.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

The book's exploration of themes such as betrayal, trust, love, and discovery make it a multi-dimensional read. The book's setting in Russia and the exploration of a forbidden land adds an air of mystery and intrigue to the story.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

I'm looking forward to reading this book and exploring the exotic settings and strange creatures. I'm also interested in learning more about the main character's point of view and the secrets he uncovers. I'm sure this book will be an exciting adventure.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html

Post by James Smith_ »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this review of Zona: The Forbidden Land. I agree with the reviewer that the character development in this book is excellent, and I appreciate the detail that was put into creating the setting. I am also impressed by the lack of errors in the book, which shows that it was well-edited. I am looking forward to reading this book.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

The author's ability to develop a sense of tension and suspense throughout the book keeps readers engaged. The book's pacing is well-done, with just the right amount of action and slower moments to balance the story.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The book's focus on discovery and exploration is particularly well-done because it makes readers feel like they are part of the journey. As Grant and his companions make their way through the Zona, readers are taken on a thrilling adventure that keeps them hooked until the very end.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The book's pacing is well-done, keeping the story moving at a steady pace without feeling slow or rushed. The book's themes of exploration and adventure are inspiring and encourage readers to step outside of their comfort zones.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

The scientific aspect of the story adds an extra layer of intrigue and is a great option for readers interested in science fiction. The book's emphasis on the importance of family and loved ones is heartwarming and relatable.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

The sexual content may not be suitable for all readers, but it adds an extra layer of complexity to the story and explores the characters' relationships in more depth. The book's cliffhangers and plot twists keep readers on the edge of their seats.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”