Review of The Fourth Kinetic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of The Fourth Kinetic

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Rion Grean is a young, reclusive boy in the science fiction novel The Fourth Kinetic. He and his mother had to relocate frequently when he was growing up due to the nature of her employment and other factors, which she steadfastly refused to discuss with him. Rion has grown accustomed to being alone because they have never stayed long enough for him to establish friendships. He just started his sixth semester at Tyler High in four years. Here, he first met Danielle Young, who would become his best friend. One day, during lunch, Danielle arrived to meet him at his table. However, this bond didn't survive since Rion's mother felt the need to relocate once more out of the blue.

Rion and his mother ran into some resistance on their journey, which caused them to part ways. Before this day, Rion's mother was unaware that he had begun using his telekinesis talent. Later, he discovered that the individuals hunting them are the Psyriin, who are all out to eliminate individuals like him, known as the Clairvoyants. He encountered additional individuals with similar and disparate powers as a result of this occurrence. They are in the midst of a war. Will they succeed? Will Rion eventually get to meet his mother? The Brady Moore book has the solutions.

I've always been an avid reader of science fiction, so that, along with the book cover, was what first drew me to this book. And I will state that the events in this novel did not let me down. I was captivated by it the entire time since it was so fascinating. In order to finish it, I had to read into the night. I kept going out of curiosity about what would happen. Brady Moore is a talented author. The novel's writing is superb, and each section is seamlessly integrated. The dialogue between the characters is very entertaining to me. They occasionally made me laugh.

I like Rion as a person. Even though he was at first timid, he eventually had to develop the strength to face the situation in front of them. He is sharp, courageous, and powerful. It would have been nice if his mother had been real with him. He and his mother have a complicated connection. If Rion hadn't run into the other clairvoyants, they might have been in danger because they were both withholding things from one another. This story taught me that obstacles make us stronger, which is a valuable lesson. We must encounter some challenges if we want to be powerful.

I have a problem with this book in some way. the author did not satisfyingly develop other clairvoyants. Each of them has unique skills. Even though Brady Moore explained it through Rion, it would have been interesting to learn how their systems operate as well. I would have preferred to read from their perspective. I still rate this 5 out of 5 stars.

I read without running into any mistakes. As a result, the editing is superb. It was well done by the author. If you're looking for a decent, intriguing, and entertaining sci-fi book, I highly recommend this one. Undoubtedly, this is for them. Since the main character is a young adult, anyone can read it.

The Fourth Kinetic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I will read this book to know if Ron will succeed and eventually get to meet his mother."The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore seems interesting from your review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Rion sounds interesting. I'd like to read his story and know more about his powers. Great review.
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

I love sci-fi books like this and would love to know how Rion got to control his abilities and if he used them to find his mother.
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore is a sci-fi book that can just blow the reader away. I love stories like this as it shows the creativity of the writer.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

Would his mom miss him? Hope he didn't go into danger. This book look like it would have lots of suspense in it. I like your review though. Nice review, Nice book.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This sounds like an intriguing story. I love science fiction books and this seems to be an interesting story. I'm curious to know why the clairvoyant are hunted. Great review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I enjoy reading suspenseful books and Fourth Kinetics falls into this group. I like how the author developed the story and the characters.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I’m a big fan of sci-fi books. And I was not disappointed after reading this. I like their abilities, especially that of Aural. It’s my first time hearing of something like that. Nice review!
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

Rion who has always been around his mother while growing up was suddenly separated from her. I would like to know how he was able to cope with his life without his mother. I enjoyed your review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

I have always wondered what having power would be like, the effects it would have on my friends and family and the responsibilities that come with it. I guess there is a lot to be learnt from Rion.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I'm not a fan of science fiction, but the cover if this book is so appealing I wondered what eventually happened to Rion and his telekinesis power. Great review.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

I'm fascinated by your excellent and well-written analysis of the book. I look forward to picking up a copy of this book. Well done.
Mariam Ibraheem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-ibraheem.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Mariam Ibraheem »

Science fiction novel The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore has the power to completely astound the reader. I adore stories like this one since it demonstrates the author's originality.
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

I've often wondered what it would be like to be in a position of power, what impact it would have on my friends and family, and what obligations would come with it. I believe Rion can teach us a lot of things.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”