Review of JTs World

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leila Boss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leila-boss.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Review of JTs World

Post by Leila Boss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "JTs World" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The title of the book, JT's World , is clear and straight to the point as it describes the life of the protagonist.
The book is set in the Western countryside with men as cowboys and gun violence is a normal part of life. The author, E. Alan Fleischauer, takes us through the protagonist's journey to finding love, healing from the death of the love of his life and meeting new friends and foes.
The protagonist, John Thurgood Thomas popularly known as JT, is a wealthy business man who lost the love of his life, Annabelle, through a gunshot from her jealous husband. He owns a recreational facility, which has a similar name to the book title, along with several guest houses. The story begins when a couple of murders take place during the opening of the facility, JT's World, and his daughter, Madeline, requests him to take a break from running it while she takes over the day-to-day operations. Along the way, he meets Maria, who, is set to take after her deceased brother as the new preacher. JT offers financial assistance where needed and they become good friends. His journey leads him to a town where he meets Chip Heller, a bounty hunter, and together they hunt for the outlaw twins, June and James Gibbons, who are on the Wanted List for heinous crimes. In the midst of the hunt, he meets a beautiful doctor, Jessica, whom he falls madly in love with and finally marries her.

I liked how the author tells the childhood stories of each character and how their traumatic upbringing shaped them into the adults they are. It shows how parenting contributes to the development of certain characters in an individual. He also strengthens the female characters by portraying them as strong, independent and outspoken women who can fight for themselves without fear of judgement. Additionally, it shows how it is possible to amass wealth but still be unhappy and unfulfilled. It shares lessons on the importance of healing and letting go of past painful experiences in order to lead a graceful life.

I didn't like how the gun violence, sexual assault towards women & under-age girls and plain sight murders were normalized. There are noticeable spelling errors such as on page 167, the word 'worker' is misspelled as 'worked'.

I rate it at 3 out of 5 stars because firstly, according to me, it only begins to get interesting when JT meets Chip Heller. Secondly, it has more than 10 grammatical errors.

I would recommend it for a mature audience due to the violence, profanity and sexual content.

JTs World
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”