Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JkReviewer17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-najibullah-qanit.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by JkReviewer17 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A refugee from a war-torn land, Galen Bray has inherited property in the prosperous and peaceful country of Voulhire. While he is looking forward to contributing more to his new community, Voulhire itself is facing a lot of problems. The Riva Rohavi, A tribe against the Kingdom, has been rising in this country and causing a lot of problems. The Riva Rohavi are hidden, but they appear suddenly and destroy small places and loot them. Meldorath, the most powerful wizard, who controls the power of the world of magic, is imprisoned by the king on a small island. Meldorath was once a close friend of the king but after he was elected Lord of Hillport he betrayed the king. There is an army appointed by the king to guard Meldorath’s prison. It actually bothers me how Meldorath after all he has done with Wilhelm betrays him and chooses power over friendship. The king wants to keep his country safe so he requests help from a tribe of powerful knights. The King elects a new lord, Lord Eldus, in Hillport to help the people overcome the sufferings they were given by Meldorath. Galen is having problems trying to fit into this new country. Rowan, who is from Voulhire, brought him here and helps him understand how life goes in this country. Galen starts to enjoy and understand his life in this new country. The friendship of Galen and Rowan is very heartwarming, and it is endearing to see how two completely different people got along with each other. What will Galen finally become? Will Meldorath escape? What will Riva Rohavi do next?

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a fascinating and mystical story that will keep you curious and waiting for the next thing to happen. The author's narration of a new world and how he describes a non-existent world in such a way that the reader can imagine himself in that world is mind-boggling. Matthew connects the reader’s minds to the world and the magic inside the book.

What I liked about this book was how the author described many instances at once. Also, the book keeps you curious, and it doesn’t bore you at any point. The further you dive into the book, the more interesting it gets. The book also had some good morals that we can learn a lot from; for example, the friendship of Galen and Rowan and the bravery of the army shows us how to be brave in situations of great danger, and the book also relates some of the stuff from the world of Voulhire to the real world, like the struggle of the people to survive and live a good life. I loved how Matthew related this world to the world of magic.

I have no complaints about the book, but the use of complex words in some part confused me a little bit, and there was a little usage of profane words that bothered me as well, so I rate this book a 4 out of 5.

The book is well edited, and I found no errors, though there was little usage of profane words. I recommend this book to readers of sci-fi and fantasy. And even if you are not a fan of sci-fi or fantasy, if you read this book, I am sure it will entice you to read more.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sahoor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahoor.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Sahoor »

As a fan of fantasy novels, I find your review interesting. YOu have described everything. I personally like the magical world and I will surely give this book a try.
Embrace the glorious mess that you are - Elizabeth Gilbert

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”