Review of Matchbox Dreams

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Re: Review of Matchbox Dreams

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

I love this type of book. Being transported to a magical place is something we all dreamt about when we were little and playing with toys. I would have loved a book like this when I was younger, but now I can share it with my nieces and nephews.
Ali Hasemi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ali Hasemi »

i love this book is have good place is all dreams.
Mahendra Thapa

Post by Mahendra Thapa »

This book is like magical imagination which fell me very satisfied after reading it
mpshirvani

Post by mpshirvani »

For excitement, inclusive, educational, Motivational, family values, and just an overall positive read. There is nothing about the story or the author's writing style that I don't like i can to give to book 5 to 5 easily
ROBY DEPRIANSYAH
Currently Reading:

Post by ROBY DEPRIANSYAH »

The characters in this novel were incredibly well-developed, with each one having a unique personality and backstory that made them feel like real people.
Sinotando Dlulane
Currently Reading:

Post by Sinotando Dlulane »

I love how the book has the power to transport you into a magical journey and i especially enjoy books like these because you get to forget about your troubles for a little while. ❤️❤️
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

This is a great review for kids who loves magic and mystery novel. It is also for kids who love fairytales, which I presume most kids do. It reminds me of movies like Percy Jackson, Alice in wonderland, and Sophia the first. Great reviews by the way.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

I appreciate the way the writer seamlessly weaves educational snippets into the story, allowing readers to learn without even realizing it. For instance, the author highlights historical tidbits such as the lack of electricity in the early 1900s, references to George Washington, and the use of specific vocabulary to describe various modes of transportation. Because of this, I do not doubt that anyone who reads this book will learn a lot from it. This is most important for the target audience, which is younger readers
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I appreciate how the book promotes the value of family and acceptance without any biases. It's important for children to read stories that teach them positive values and lessons, and this book does just that.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

The descriptions are so vivid and detailed that it's easy to imagine yourself in Dreamland with the Drapkin kids. Overall, I think this book is a must-read for young readers who love adventure and fantasy, and I would highly recommend it.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

the book's rich and detailed descriptions take the reader to a different time when family values were very important. The simple pleasures of sharing meals, helping one another, and spending quality time together were not just expected but cherished. I appreciate the author's approach to tackling the topic of diversity, promoting acceptance and understanding without any preconceived biases.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

Matchbox Dreams: Book 1: The Drapkin Kids in Dreamland by Douglas Schwartz would be a great book to read over several nights, with each chapter wrapping up a story arc. It would appeal to readers who enjoy anthropomorphic characters and stories set in alternate realms.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

This book seems to be skillfully crafted, motivating, full of excitement, inclusive, educational, centered around family values, and just an overall positive read.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

In the morning, they excitedly recounted their adventures to their parents, writing them down in their dream journals. From solving mysteries to finding pirate treasure, their adventures in Dreamland became increasingly thrilling, even leading to encounters with their relatives from the future.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

Matchbox Dreams: Book 1: The Drapkin Kids in Dreamland is a delightful and heartwarming read that is sure to capture the hearts of readers of all ages. The story is fun, engaging, and educational, making it an excellent choice for parents, teachers, and anyone who loves a good adventure tale.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”