Review of Just Die

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Puja Chowdhary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-puja-chowdhary.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Just Die

Post by Puja Chowdhary »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Just Die" by E Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jake Silver was the protagonist of the story. He was a businessman. His mother advised him to stay out of people's way and to refrain from pointing fingers at anyone while driving. Instead, she told him to say, "Just Die," which might help him control his anger to avoid similar circumstances. He had a stroke while dining out with his fiancée Beth Ann and a few others, which led to him being in a hospital in critical condition. He was facing several problems when he awoke. He quickly makes a full recovery after that and resumes his regular activities. He then discovers that he has a strange power whereby anyone to whom he says, "Just Die," instantly perishes. His friends counselled him to use this power for good deeds to provide justice to those who needed it. This power makes his life in this novel change dramatically. His power is either a blessing or a curse, which puts him in a difficult situation. Is this a blessing in disguise for him or a hidden curse? Will he be able to address his issues and learn the answers to his concerns about the power he possesses? In his stunning book, Just Die, author E. Alan Fleischauer provides the solutions to these and other problems.

I can say that I enjoy the story's plot and the supernatural elements that incorporate into it. Apart from that, I appreciate how the author described the settings and how the plot develops. It is truthfully a masterpiece of narration, and the author establishes a connection between the readers and the protagonist. The story goes in a way that makes the experience seem real, which is uncommon in mystery stories, and the characters and plot are well-integrated. The book is incredibly well-edited, and I liked that.

I can say that after the middle of the story, I felt it to be predictable. The story continues with the happenings in the protagonist's life after the mystery discloses and, it reveals early on. Several essential thrill elements required for a mystery novel were missing from this book. Some of the finest aspects of the story were missing due to the author's detailed outline.

The elements I appreciated the most were the storyline, structure, and the audience's strong emotional connection to the protagonist. However, the story's lack of a thrill element pushed me to take one star away from the rating. I will give this book a rating of four out of five stars. Conceded that thrill had been present in the story, I would have awarded this with a complete grade.

I will suggest this book to fans of mysteries and supernatural fiction. People who like mystery stories will appreciate the style of the author and how he underlines the instances where the protagonist's life is changed. This story is suitable for a mature audience because of its unique plot.

Just Die
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”