Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Jane Ogwang »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

During one of my random scrolls through Tiktok, I met a video of a guy apparently 'dismantling' mental illness. He was waxing lyrical about the business that big pharmaceuticals are doing using the idea of mental illness. "It's all a hoax! It's just stress!" He kept saying. I found myself agreeing with him until I read this book. Realizing that stress has adverse and harmful effects on our health is one of the first steps toward dealing with it. Because then, we take it seriously.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D. and Alexandra Gold, M.A., delves into details of what stress entails and how best to deal with it. The book begins by clearly defining stress and anxiety with their associated disorders. They then provide the signs and symptoms of stress, outlining the dangers they could pose to our bodies' immunities. They then start providing step-by-step guides on how to remedy and manage stress. Issues of diet, breathing, meditation, therapy, and treatments are all expertly analyzed, and clear recommendations are given. They also address common misconceptions about stress and give informed solutions and suggestions. The authors then summarize the contents of the book in tables at the end of the book.

I learned things that I would need hundreds of dollars to hear from a therapist. Instead, these two authors selflessly used their expertise to pen this beneficial book. It was practical, and I'm sure I'll make several references to it in the future. The amount of research that went into this work is intensive. The authors seemed to grasp the subjects they were discussing clearly. They used simple examples to drive their points home, making the book easy and enjoyable.

I also loved that the authors neglected no aspects of stress remedy. They extensively discussed issues from diet to exercise and treatment. They also acknowledged that different people faced stress differently and tried to address each individual's needs. The tables at the end of the book were genius for me. It was thoughtful of the authors to have a quick guide for references, considering we almost always never have time to read through books' contents when stressed.

At some stages, the medical jargon was challenging to read. The authors used technical terms for their sub-headings, which could sometimes distract the reader. They, however, tried to use simple language for most of the content that followed those sub-headings. I also understood the need to get technical at times and will not factor that into my rating.

The book was well-written and exceptionally well-edited. I, therefore, give it a perfect rating of five out of five stars. Everyone can get stressed and could need this book. Therefore, I recommend the book to everyone who can read it. It is insightful and helpful.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kevin Larson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kevin-larson.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Kevin Larson »

The book addresses the impact of technology and social media on mental health, offering strategies for creating a healthier digital lifestyle.
Nemzy Nemzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemzy-nemzy.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nemzy Nemzy »

The author emphasizes the importance of personalized approaches to managing anxiety and stress.
Udegbunam Miriam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miami-liam.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Udegbunam Miriam »

This book has a way of interesting a reader, despite being non-fiction. The title makes you want to read it. The ideas in the book are so varied that you will like to know which you can apply. Also, it's a short read that leaves you with many thoughts. Interesting review.
Abbra Marsh
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbra-marsh.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Abbra Marsh »

Gustavo Kinrys' insights into anxiety are insightful and empowering.
Dominic Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Dominic Emezuru »

The illustrations and diagrams make the exercises and techniques easy to follow and understand.
Ejoh Ebube
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Karmic Selling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejoh-ebube.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Ejoh Ebube »

The author's dedication to providing evidence-based information is commendable.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”