Review of Now I See

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review of Now I See

Post by Madam Tori »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Now I See" by Sandra Leon Gonzalez.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sandra Leon-Gonzalez's Now I See is a collection of poems that delve into the complexities of spirituality, racism, discrimination, love, family, nature, etc. Each is explored with raw emotion and a deep sense of passion. The book is an anthology of poems that cater to a wide range of readers with universal and personal themes.

The poems are accompanied by stunning illustrations, elevating the already powerful messages of the verse. The book aims to inspire and encourage positive change both within individuals and society as a whole. It is a powerful tool for advocacy and education, but it is also an engaging and entertaining read.

The poems are not just thought-provoking and insightful but also creatively crafted with powerful imagery and elegant figurative language. The author's unique style of expression and attention to detail make every poem in this book a captivating read. Despite the weighty themes tackled in the book, the poems are succinct and easy to understand, allowing readers to easily comprehend the author's message. The book's combination of entertaining and empowering content makes it a must-read for anyone seeking to broaden their understanding of the world and inspire positive change in themselves and society.

As I read through the poems in this collection, I was struck by the vivid imagery that the author evokes. Whether exploring the injustices of the past or the beauty of nature, Gonzalez consistently paints vivid mental pictures that truly bring her words to life. Additionally, her use of rhyme only adds to the overall enjoyment of the book, with the flowing cadence of the poems lending a musical quality to the author's words.

The book is a treasure trove of emotions and themes that captivate the reader's imagination. The author has skillfully woven together complex ideas and sentiments into relatable, simple, and clear words that are easy to understand. This accessibility does not diminish the depth and multi-layered nature of the poems but instead amplifies their impact. The author's purposeful use of the poems to encourage positive qualities and discourage negative ones is commendable and effective. One notable example of this is in the poem titled "Jealousy Managed."

In conclusion, I would highly recommend Now I See to anyone interested in exploring the depth of human emotion through the art of poetry. Whether you are a seasoned poetry reader or you are looking to expand your horizons, you will find much to enjoy and appreciate within these pages. The author's unique voice and insightful perspectives make this a must-read for those interested in poetry and its ability to evoke emotion and spark change. I found no errors while reading the book. This shows that it was exceptionally well edited. There is nothing I disliked about the book. Hence, I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars.

Now I See
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Samuel Songs
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

One of the strengths of the book is its ability to delve into various themes with depth and nuance. The author tackles issues such as racism, discrimination, spirituality, love, family, and nature, among others. Each theme is explored with a unique perspective and is infused with the author's personal experiences, making the poems relatable and engaging. The book is not just a collection of beautiful words and stunning imagery but is also a tool for advocacy and education.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

I always find poems difficult to understand and analyze. However, If the book is filled with ao much passion and illustrations as you just described, I would not mind giving it a try.
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

Poems are good ways in which the author gets to his reader. This one from your review seems very well written and contains some good themes. Good job on writing such a detailed review.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

Now I See by Sandra Leon-Gonzalez is a powerful and impactful book that explores a wide range of themes with depth and nuance. The author's unique perspective and personal experiences make the poems relatable and engaging.
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The book's accessibility is another reason why it is an engaging and empowering read. The author's writing style is concise, clear, and easy to follow. The poems are not overly complicated or convoluted, making them accessible to a wide range of readers. The book's ability to convey complex ideas and emotions in simple and relatable terms is commendable.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hartly Samsford »

Now I See is a book that inspires positive change in individuals and society as a whole. The author's purposeful use of the poems to encourage positive qualities such as empathy, love, and kindness, and discourage negative ones such as jealousy and hate, is commendable.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

The illustrations accompanying the poems add another layer of depth and meaning to the book. The artwork captures the essence of the poems, making the messages even more impactful. The images are aesthetically pleasing, with vivid colors and intricate details that enhance the overall reading experience.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

A notable feature of the book is the author's use of figurative language and poetic devices such as metaphor, simile, and personification. These literary techniques enhance the reader's experience, making the poems more vivid and evocative.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

I love how beautifully written this review is. I am a fan of poems but l haven't read any in a long time. I am amazed the author was able to communicate to individuals and the society via poems. Bravo!
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

Am not really a fan of poem. But I can start with this one since there is a lot of positive comments about it.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

The book's accessibility, combined with its impactful messages, stunning illustrations, and literary techniques, makes it an empowering read for anyone seeking to broaden their understanding of the world and inspire positive change.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

In the poem "Jealousy Managed," the author personifies jealousy as a "green-eyed monster" and uses metaphors such as "poisoned fruit" to describe its effects. This makes the poem more relatable and easy to understand.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

The book is a call to action for readers to be more mindful of their actions and their impact on the world.
I haven't read the book yet, but I will gladly embrace it when the opportunity presents itself. I enjoyed reading this review.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

The book's powerful imagery and elegant figurative language are definitely a plus. It's great to see an author who is able to use language in such a powerful and effective way.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”