Review of Healing Wounds of the Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Review of Healing Wounds of the Soul

Post by Jeff Kanda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Healing Wounds of the Soul" by Elizabeth Campos.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Healing Wounds of the Soul is a nonfiction book written by Elizabeth Campos. In this book, the author has described her past life by using Ithan Rashel as the protagonist. Ithan is a girl who, when she was born, was abandoned by her real mother. Her biological mother left her in a cardboard box at a train station in Mexico City. A watchman at the train station called Angel found the innocent baby in a pretty bad condition and took her to his home to raise her.

Fast forward: Ithan grew up with challenges because she was hated by Angel’s wife, Mrs. Margara, and her other children. She was considered an outsider, and the only person who genuinely cared about her was Angel. Ithan was always very happy whenever he had Angel. As time went by, Ithan grew up and reached the age of twelve. This is when she was unlucky, as she was raped by their neighbor, Genaro. Angel was very angry to see this and wanted to teach the pervert rapist some manners. By bad luck, Genaro threw him, and he fell to the ground and passed away. What will poor little Ithan do? How will she carry on when the only person who genuinely loved her has passed? What will become of her? Read this book to find out more.

Narrated from the third-person point of view, the book has been organized into parts that give details of Ithan’s life as she gradually grows. The book has a sad mood in general. I can say with no doubt that I really pitied the protagonist as I read. The problems she experienced are too many, and I am quite sure that most people cannot deal with them all. The author vividly describes all the events as they happen, but there are some instances where suspense has been used that will leave the mind of the reader to pause for a second and think about.

There are a lot of aspects of this wonderful book that I liked. The book is really inspiring, as it is based on a true story. I was also able to find some quotes that I really liked because they were very powerful. The storyline is so good, but I would like to say that I enjoyed the inclusion of five parables after Ithan’s story. All of these parables have educational value, and a reader will be motivated by the lessons they contain. Personally, the parable of the sinking highland was my favorite.

There is absolutely no single element of this book that I disliked. I only found a few grammatical errors that did not distract me from enjoying the book. I believe the errors can be corrected by editing the book just once. Based on my views in the paragraphs above, I gladly give the book a rate of five out of five stars. I highly recommend it to everyone who wants to be inspired and view life in a positive way because, just like Ithan, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Healing Wounds of the Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

A pitiful story of a poor girl! Although I am not much into reading non-fiction, I enjoyed your comprehensive review. Thank you
Nobert Orucho
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nobert-orucho.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nobert Orucho »

A very inspiring story, the review is great too
Jeff Kanda
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jeff Kanda »

politicalkawiya wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 18:48 A pitiful story of a poor girl! Although I am not much into reading non-fiction, I enjoyed your comprehensive review. Thank you
Life can be challenging, but we can overcome the challenges. Thanks for stopping by.
Jeff Kanda

Post by Jeff Kanda »

Nobert Orucho wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 07:50 A very inspiring story, the review is great too
Thanks for passing by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”