Review of Devil in False Colors

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Devil in False Colors

Post by Amy Toria »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Terrorism is a serious matter, and those who perpetuate it often resort to the most heinous acts of violence to spread fear and carry out their hate-filled agenda. Devil in False Colors sheds light on the devastating consequences of terrorism, as seen through the eyes of innocent children who fall victim to its brutality. The book follows the journey of Lara and Uri as they undertake the dangerous task of putting an end to this destructive force. Written by Jack Winnick, this book raises important questions about the nature of terrorism and the lengths people will go to put an end to it.

The peaceful community of Beverly Hills was shattered when a brutal insurgent group targeted the Mazeltov preschool, resulting in the horrific killing of five young Jewish children. In response, the top-notch duo of Uri Levin, a seasoned Mossad agent, and Lara Edmond, an accomplished FBI agent, were dispatched to Los Angeles to track down and stop the perpetrators of this heinous act of terrorism. As they delve deep into Muslim society, they put themselves in harm's way to gather intelligence and neutralize the threat. The book is a heart-pounding thriller that depicts the ongoing struggle against terrorism as the terrorists carry out a series of vicious attacks on Jewish and Sunni Muslim groups with the support of Iran and Russia. The story raises the question of how the United States of America will respond to this dangerous situation and if the Iranians will ultimately succeed in their malicious endeavors.

I was thoroughly impressed with the author's storytelling abilities in the book. The events were depicted with intricate detail, allowing the reader to comprehend and understand what was happening fully. For instance, the attack on the Sunni Mosque was described with such vividness that I couldn't help but admire the writer's talent. Similarly, the attack on the Jewish congregation during Purim was masterfully explained, highlighting the flaws in the plan and how it deviated from a minor mishap.

Jack Winnick's masterful storytelling sheds light on the discriminatory nature of humanity, revealing how people can justify violence when they become fanatics about their religion. This thought-provoking narrative is a source of numerous life lessons for the reader. I couldn't find anything to dislike about the book.

This intense thriller left nothing to be desired. The reader is kept on edge from start to finish with its unpredictable twists and high-speed action. Not a single dull moment can be found, making it impossible to put the book down. The language used is accessible, making it a pleasure to read for a wider range of audiences. I wholeheartedly award this book 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it to fans of action, suspense, and international espionage. This book is sure to captivate and enthrall readers, delivering an unforgettable reading experience. The book was also exceptionally well edited.

Devil in False Colors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

I appreciate your honesty in stating that there was nothing you disliked about the book.
Your review has convinced me to add this book to my reading list.
Your description of the chemistry between the characters has piqued my interest in reading the book.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I love that the review's mention of the book being free of errors. While it may seem like a small thing, as a reader, I find it frustrating when a book is riddled with typos or grammatical mistakes. A well-edited book can make for a smoother and more enjoyable reading experience, so it's good to know that Devil in False Colors meets this standard.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Having to watch your back as the title implies when you're around family and friends can be very stressful. Not knowing who you can depend on is another ball game altogether.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

It sounds like Winnick has accomplished this well in Devil in False Colors, which is definitely a selling point for me as a potential reader. Your review is a testament to your love for reading and your ability to appreciate a well-written book.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Encouraging violence with religion as a base is not in any way reasonable and I feel that the would would be a better place by self definition with or without religion.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hartly Samsford »

It sounds like Devil in False Colors does a good job of weaving this element into the narrative in a way that is both informative and engaging. I'm glad you found the book informative and engaging, it makes me more excited to read it.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

The book's examination of how terrorism affects innocent children adds a heartbreaking layer of emotional depth to the story. Your review's appreciation of the book's accessibility to a wider range of audiences is a refreshing perspective that highlights the book's inclusivity. The fact that the book explores the discriminatory nature of humanity is an essential and timely theme that is crucial to discuss in today's world.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

The fact that the book is a source of an unforgettable reading experience is impressive. Your review has highlighted the author's storytelling abilities, which will undoubtedly enhance the reading experience.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html

Post by James Smith_ »

I appreciate that the book raises important questions about the nature of terrorism. The author's storytelling abilities are impressive, as you have highlighted in your review. The fact that the book is well-edited is a testament to the author's attention to detail.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

Your review has made me interested in exploring the book's themes further.
The fact that the book is a thriller that keeps the reader on edge from start to finish is impressive.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The fact that the book explores the discriminatory nature of humanity is a thought-provoking theme. I appreciate that the book is accessible to a wider range of audiences.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The fact that the book is a heart-pounding thriller that keeps the reader on edge is an exciting prospect for those who enjoy action and suspense. The book's exploration of the ongoing struggle against terrorism is an important theme that will resonate with many readers.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

The book's look at how terrorism affects different religious groups is a very important part of the conversation about the issue. Your review has done an excellent job of highlighting the book's strengths, making it an enjoyable and informative read.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

The idea that the book is about international espionage is interesting and will keep readers interested. The fact that reading the book is a memorable experience shows how good the author is at telling stories.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”