Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
_Rhea Jacob
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Re: Review of Killing Abel

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

"Killing Abel" is an elaborated account of Cain and Abel from the Bible. The book review for it looks interesting but I think I will skip the book.
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Killing Abel is a book based on several characters from the Bible, but with the main focus on Cain and Abel. It teaches a lot about rebellion and obedience as noted in the review as well. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 234
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

Although I'm not religious, the stories found in religious texts are well recognized to include many lessons and to be a tremendous aid to those who are feeling lost in life or who need encouragement to keep going in the right direction.
Great review very interesting and well-written.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

I have always thought the story of Cain and Abel was a metaphor for humanity and personal jealousy. Reading the thorough review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman, leads me to think that other interpretations of this story could be interesting also. This sounds like a well-thought out approach to the meaning of this story.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Agatha 4_life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agatha-4-life.html
Latest Review: Love All the Way by Aurora Carafa

Post by Agatha 4_life »

A very good review. I love the excerpts from the Bible. Applaudable.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

This book enlightens us about God's creation and how he was pleased with.It also depicts God as a loving father who cared for his children.key thing is obedience and all the rightful this will follow.Adam and eve ended up eating fruit from the forbidden tree and whatever followed their disobedience to God is a lesson to all.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by grace ruhara »

Reading Killing Abel made me questions a few questions such why God had instructed on not eating the fruit and how humanity would have turned out to be if the fruit had not been eaten.
Amos Cheruiyot 6
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amos Cheruiyot 6 »

"Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman delves into these profound themes and offers readers a compelling exploration of the power of choice, the consequences of disobedience, and the importance of faith and obedience. With a well-developed plot, engaging characters, and a clear message, this book is a valuable read for those seeking to deepen their understanding of biblical principles and themes.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 609
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

This sounds quite different. I like the fact that it covers things like choices and the consequences that follows of said choice. It also seems like it's written in a story format, that makes it more enjoyable for me readers. I'm definitely giving this a try. Thanks for a detailed review. Congrats on BOTD
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

As someone who's always been intrigued by the mysteries of biblical narratives, "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman seems like a compelling read. I'm particularly drawn to the well-developed characters and the suspenseful plot. Definitely adding this to my reading list!
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Quantitative Research Made Easy by Claude Phiri

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman. Your review provides a compelling overview of the book's content and themes. The exploration of Adam and Eve's story from the Bible's perspective, along with the lessons on choice, obedience, and the consequences of rebellion, sounds both enlightening and thought-provoking.

Your description of the well-developed plot, engaging narrative, and absence of grammatical errors highlights the author's attention to detail and commitment to quality writing. It's great to hear that you found the book to be a five-star read, and your recommendation for those interested in biblical origins and spiritual growth adds further credibility to its value.

Based on your review, "Killing Abel" seems like a book that offers not only a captivating narrative but also profound insights into human nature and spirituality. I would definitely consider adding it to my reading list. Thank you for the recommendation!
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

This book seems very interesting. Adam and Eve had many children, but not being able to have a son was definitely a big problem for the mankind. Once they had two sons, they were polar opposites of each other. I would love to see how things develop as Abel becomes obedient to his brother.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman is a remarkable work that offers profound insights into the biblical story of Adam and Eve. The author's skillful storytelling and thorough research make this book a compelling read, providing readers with valuable lessons and messages to ponder. Congrats on the Botd.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

I am sure the book is full of valuable lessons and will prove to be an insightful read. However, religious-themed books are not my forte, so I have to pass this one. Thanks for the awesome review!
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

"Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman is a book that shares us with the story of Adam and Eve, our originals. This book describes this part of bible in an easy way. Congratulations on the BOTD award. This book also gives us some serious life lessons.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”