Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Re: Review of Killing Abel

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the dramatic portrayal of the story of Adam and Eve as recorded in the Bible in the book of Genesis. It makes the story come alive and memorable. Thanks for the review.
Dan Polumbric
Currently Reading: The Return of the Knights
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-polumbric.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by Dan Polumbric »

This interpretation of the Biblical story of the Book of Genesis focuses on temptation of Adam and Eve, their expulsion from Paradise and of the consequences of their disobedience of God, related to their two sons, Cain and Abel. With themes of free will, judgement, fatherhood and consequences of rule-breaking, this is a great contemplative novel which might be a good fit for someone exploring their faith. Thank you for BOTD
kahuria1
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kahuria1.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by kahuria1 »

This is a great review. The review explains what the book is about and the lessons learnt.The fact that it its a bible based story, which can helps in growth of faith. The teaching about love and repentance stated can be applied in day to day life.
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Another interesting book about Christianity and the origin of humanity. The detailed elaboration on the initial narrative of human creation is intriguing to grasp as a non-Christian. This review is excellent, making me eager to delve further into this book. Thank you for the review.
Leia Temple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leia-temple.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Leia Temple »

Many people here seem to be wondering the same thing as me. What would happen if Adam and Eve did what God advised and remained obedient? Would there still be good and evil? This was a pleasant review for a book that sets out to answer many of my question about Christianity and faith.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The fictional account is intriguing, and I liked poring over the whole book. The only thing that I did not understand was the author's insistence that God seems to be learning. Apart from this, every aspect of the story is good, and it was great seeing how Adam and Eve's daughters had to wait for husbands patiently. Many thanks for the amazing review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book delves into the biblical story of Adam and Eve's disobedience in the Garden of Eden, exploring the consequences of their actions and the lessons that can be gleaned from their choices. Through engaging storytelling and thoughtful analysis, Tieman highlights the power of choice, the importance of obedience, and the consequences of rebellion. Nice review.
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

"Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman." is a christian book that has the story Adam and Eve in the book of genesis the author shared teaching from the bible and also gave reference the reviewer wrote a nice review. #BOTD
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I like that Michael recreated the biblical story of Adam and Eve in a fictional sense, giving voice to female characters that led to life's continuity. Thank you for the wonderful review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. It explores the events that happened in the book of Genesis, focusing on the stories of Adam and Eve, Cain, Abel, Enoch (the Sethite), and Noah. Congrats on BOTD!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

Adam and Eve betrayed all of humanity and ate the forbidden fruit and due to their actions they were cast out of the garden of Eden. Killing Abel brings us several events that occurred after they had left the garden. Congratulations on making a book of the day.
Bashiru Lekan
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Bashiru Lekan »

It is good to have an account of this unbelievable part of the Bible. I see that the book has been thoroughly researched with the insertion of the relevant Biblical quotes.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book "Niching Up". You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by Martina Sette »

The book offers a profound reflection on the consequences of Adam and Eve's choices in the Garden of Eden, emphasizing the importance of obedience and the power of choice. That's really interesting!
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I find fictional retellings of biblical stories fascinating, as creating one that tallies with the original story while still passing the intended message takes ample imagination and skill. It's good to know the author executed the story well.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”