Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Re: Review of Killing Abel

Post by MoeBrown »

The preview of the book makes me think back to reality and what ifs. But I believe it would be an interesting read based on this review. Wouldn't mind giving it a read.
Neelam Sheikh 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Neelam Sheikh 1 »

This is an account of God's creation Adam and Eve and the results ans reason for their rebellion. For what reason did God disallow them to ear from the tree? What happened when they defied God's desires. Peruse to know reply to these inquiries and that's only the tip of the iceberg.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Silverblood Promise
Bookshelf Size: 2293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: Faking Fairytales by Aimie O'Callahan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

A retelling of the famous biblical story, I presume? It seems it's well done with developed characters.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

This is a very interesting plot and the author was very creative in narrating the lives of the characters especially Cain and Abel and their interactions with the people they love and the people around them. The themes like making choices and the consequences are interesting as well. Reading this book was enjoyable.
Prince Ekeoma
Currently Reading: The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Prince Ekeoma »

"Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman. An interesting book, gives a brief account of the things that occurs in the garden of Eden. Adam and Eve to the time of Cain and Abel. This book gives insight, has lots of messages to for readers such as love, faith, repentance etc. Congrats on your #BOTD.
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Okocha Victor »

Reading through the review of this book, it came to mind that Adam and Eve never had a childhood. They did not have that opportunity to grow into adulthood and learn from their mistakes. This makes me think that any child of 7 days old would have fallen to temptation like Eve had.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1910
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Killing Abel' by Michael Tieman is a thorough background for the fictional book for readers. It highlights the special features of the author's work. The point that the book is an elaborate and suspenseful account of the Bible is worth mentioning in the review. Readers would conclude that it explains love, faith, repentance, etc. Also, as mentioned in the review, we would learn the power of choice and the ability to make the right decisions through the book. Learning that this book is recommendable to anyone who desires to know the origin of man from the Bible's perspective was great!
Last edited by Surabhi Rani on 27 Mar 2024, 19:29, edited 2 times in total.
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: Magi Apprentice by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Sky Revews »

If you’re seeking a detailed recital of the story of Adam and Eve and their sons centered on Christian concepts, this book may most suit you. Congrats on #BOTD!
Jessica Turley
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jessica Turley »

I truly enjoyed the magnified look at Adam and Eve's complex relationship through the author's thoughtful storytelling. I am comforted by how similar it mirrors the dynamics of a marriage even today.
Shanesha Sammerson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman! I'm glad to hear that you found the book engaging and thought-provoking. Your feedback is truly appreciated, and I'm grateful for your recommendation to readers seeking to explore the biblical narrative and deepen their understanding of faith.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I see a controversy in this book. Did Eve really give birth to female children first? The well-known thought is that she had Cain, then Abel, before other children. Still, this book sounds like an insightful read.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 644
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Killing Abel” by Michael Tieman is a story about the creation of man by God in the Garden of Eden. When Eve was only 7 days old, but an adult created from one of Adam’s ribs, when she was fooled by Lucifer who appeared as a snake and she ate from the forbidden tree of knowledge. Later that day she gave Adam fruit from the tree and he also consumed it. God then threw them out of the Garden of Eden to fend for themselves in the outside world. They decided to reproduce to continue life and had several female babies before giving birth to Cain and Abel. The two boys were as different as could be. Abel was a loving boy that listened to his parents and always performed good acts. Cain was a problem child starting at birth and was truly evil. This book conveys many lessons including the power of choice and the ability to make the right decisions. Adam and Eve learned the impact of consequences for defying God and their children would be faced with consequences for their wrong decisions for the rest of their lives. The book does not answer all questions readers may have about Genesis, but it is a well written informative book.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 555
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The positive aspect of this fabulous book is its methodology of imparting lessons that could help a reader understand the entire story of Abel and know about the advantages and disadvantages of obedience to God.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 644
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Alissa Deann Devargas, I just read your comments on the official review of "Killing Abel" I wondered the same thing as you did about the order of Adam and Eve's children. The story also left out Seth, the third son that was very much like Abel. I wonder if the author used his literary freedom to embellish the story by having the three females born first. I also wonder how they continued to reproduce children unless they were doing so with the children sleeping together. Where else would the fathers have come from? A similar question would be raised after the occupants of Noah's Ark were the only survivors when the world was flooded. Since the Bible was written hundreds of years later, we will never know how reproduction really happened to populate the world. I found this an interesting book since the story was a supplement to Genesis. @Mrlefty0706
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I've read this book before and it's one of the amazing books out there I recommend it to anyone who wants to know the mystery behind Cain and Abel.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”