Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

God created Adam and Eve and put them in the garden of Eden, where he had constant fellowship with them. God instructed them not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Eve, who was only seven days old, did not know Lucifer very well, so she gave in to the deceptions of Lucifer and ate from the forbidden tree in the absence of Adam. Adam also ate from the same tree they had been told not to by God. God chased them away from the garden with a lot of consequences.

After they departed from the garden, Adam and Eve saw the necessity for reproduction, which was solely for the continuation of life. She gave birth to several female children and could not bear Adam a son. Eve later gave birth to Cain and Abel. Everyone loved Abel because of his tenacity, obedience, and respect. Cain seems to be the opposite of Abel. What do you think will be the consequences of their disobedience? Why do you think God asked them not to eat from this tree? You can get a copy of this book to find answers to the questions above.

This book contains a lot of lessons and messages that the reader can benefit from. I learned the power of choice and the ability to make the right decisions. This includes the necessity to think properly about the consequences of an action before execution. It is important to know that the disadvantages of rebellion were analyzed and outlined in this book, as well as the advantages that accompany the act of obedience. I learned about the benefits of patience and a sense of right judgment.

I would love to commend the author for his effort in making a detailed story and explaining some concepts such as love, faith, repentance, etc. Although it is an elaborated account of the Bible, it is suspenseful. Another feature that intrigued me in this book was the well-organized plot. The characters were not underdeveloped. I did not find any grammatical or typographical errors while reading, which implies that it was exceptionally well edited.

While reading, I did not find any negative aspects of the book. It was engaging and fascinating as well. As a result, I will rate Killing Abel by Michael Tieman five out of five stars. I could not deduct any stars because I could not find any reason to do so. I will recommend this book to anyone who desires to know the origin of man from the Bible's perspective. Also, I will recommend it to anyone who wants to develop their faith and reconcile with God.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

Sometimes I wonder if things would have still been different if Adam and Eve had not eaten from the tree they were forbidden from eating.
Peter Emma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-emma.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Peter Emma »

Killing Abel is one wonderful book that explains more about the account of Cain and Abel in the Bible. Cain was angry about his sacrifice was rejected but that of Abel was accepted, which led to a fight. Nice review.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

The disobedience of Adam and Eve had led to the sufferings of the world today. I learned that instructions are meant to be followed not questioned or disobeyed.
Jeremiah Ekene
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeremiah Ekene »

Our choices can either make or mar us this, decisions shouldn't be made recklessly. Great Review ❤️
Jeremiah Ekene

Post by Jeremiah Ekene »

Our choices can either make or mar us thus, decisions shouldn't be made recklessly. Great Review ❤️
Favour Hann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hann.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Favour Hann »

Obedience like I often said I better than sacrifice. This calamity wouldn't have befall them if they had followed the instructions strictly.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

For me, this book set out to answer some unanswered biblical questions about creation and the existence of man. I enjoyed reading this Christian book.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Obedience like I often said I better than sacrifice. This calamity wouldn't have befall them if they had followed the instructions strictly.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

It is good to have an account of this unbelievable part of the Bible, written in layman’s terms, easy to understand and therefore comprehend. I see that the book has been thoroughly researched with the insertion of the relevant Biblical quotes.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The book presents a fictionalized version of the Genesis account, from Adam to Noah. It explores the complexities of father-son relationships in the context of the Old Testament.
Chitra Ayengar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitra-ayengar.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chitra Ayengar »

This is a story of God's creation Adam and Eve and the consequences ans cause of their disobedience. Why did God forbid them to ear from the tree? What happened when they disobeyed God's wishes. Read to know answer to these questions and more.
Kanyinsola Ajiboye

Post by Kanyinsola Ajiboye »

This takes us beyond the familiar story of Cain and Abel, offering a fictionalized account of their lives from Adam and Eve's perspective. Tieman's exploration of their family dynamics, particularly the contrasting personalities of Cain and Abel, sheds new light on the age-old conflict.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

The book is an interesting way of looking at the story of Adam and Eve, giving a lot of information on what's in the Bible. The necessity to think about consequences of actions is a good message.
Deedeekui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Deedeekui »

Although I have only read the preview so far, it has made me think about what Adam and Eve felt - the initial pleasure of their disobedience, and the painful and uncomfortable realization of what they did afterward. What would we be like if they refused to give in? It's an interesting preview, and I'll be looking to read the full book soon.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”