Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Review of Killing Abel

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Okocha Victor, I just read your comments on the official review of "Killing Abel" and I think you are misinterpreting the fact that Eve was born seven days before being tempted by Lucifer. Eve was molded from one of Adam's ribs but woke up a grown woman so that Adam had a partner. I often wonder if the world would exist today with over 6 billion people if Adam and Eve had not been thrown out of the Garden of Eden. I found this an interesting story even though I have read Genesis several times over the years. I do not ever recall reading any Bible story that stated that Eve had several female babies before she gave birth to Cain and Abel. @Mrlefty0706
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I was keen to read this book, as a novel. As you suggested that it's best for people who read the bible and looking to reconcile with God, I realise this book isn't for me. Thanks for the review.
thegeekydame
Currently Reading: The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegeekydame.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry
2024 Reading Goal: 45
2024 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by thegeekydame »

From reading the sample, this books seems like it would be a great addition to a Christian book club reading list. The perspective that the author would bring will have people engaging in a lively discussion.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

I appreciate the author’s creativity in fleshing out the stories in the Bible, which are quite brief. It helps to add further dimensions to those stories, providing depth of character and feeling.
Ram Sahni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: Orinthia by Most Everyone

Post by Ram Sahni »

Tieman builds the plot around the lives of the family (including more than two names), dynamics within the nuclear family (with just two names), and brotherly conflict. Congrats on #BOTD!
Creole
Favorite Book: Tales from the Gray Area
Currently Reading: Trapped in Pairadice
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creole.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Creole »

This perspective of Genesis in the Bible is enigmatic and thought-provoking. Thanks for an eye-opening review. It is a book worth reading. Congrats to the author on BOTD.
loraromney45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loraromney45.html
Latest Review: Mimsy by Don Blossom

Post by loraromney45 »

Nice review. This book looks like a good read. Learning what others say about the Bible is nice.
Latest Review: Mimsy by Don Blossom
Radhika_vyas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Radhika_vyas »

The author has very well elaborated the topics from the Bible.
The story of adam and eve is told by everyone but I found it interesting in this book
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for your in-depth review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman. Your reflection on the biblical narrative surrounding Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel is engaging and insightful. It's fascinating how you highlighted key themes such as the power of choice, consequences of actions, obedience, and patience found within the book.

Your appreciation for the detailed storytelling and the author's adept explanation of complex concepts like love, faith, and repentance is evident. The fact that you found the book well-edited and free of errors speaks to the author's dedication to presenting a polished work.

Your final rating of five stars and your recommendation for readers interested in exploring the origin of man from a biblical perspective, as well as those seeking to deepen their faith and connection with God, are valuable endorsements. It's clear that the book resonated with you on multiple levels, and your positive feedback will undoubtedly help other readers in their decision to pick up "Killing Abel." Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights!
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

Congratulations to the author for taking the time out to write this book is interesting to read just as it was seen in the Bible the journey of Cane and Abel. Is a very big lesson to mankind
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

"Killing Abel" recounts the Biblical story of Adam, Eve, and their descendants after their expulsion from Eden. It explores themes of choice, consequences, and obedience. The narrative highlights the importance of proper decision-making, patience, and judgment. With a well-organized plot and developed characters, the book offers valuable lessons. Rated five stars. This is a very informative and honest review. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

The story of Cain and Abel is one I know all to well about since I was little going to church. I hope this book sheds light on the life lessons and repercussions that happened after this pivotal moment between the two brothers. Even though I know the story, I'm going to get this book and explore the author's takeaway.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Michael Tieman is the author of the thought-provoking book Killing Abel. Expository prose is what makes the Bible easy to understand. It tells tales of creation, Adam and Eve's transgression, Cain and Abel's love, Enoch's prophecy, Methuselah, and the time of the great flood. I give Michael Tieman's Killing Abel a rating of five stars.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

The review is helpful, providing positive feedback on various aspects of the book. It appears to be sufficient in conveying the reviewer's satisfaction and recommending the book. It has the potential to motivate others to make a purchase. From the reviewer's perspective, the book seems to be a valuable addition to anyone's library.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your detailed review. I do enjoy reading fiction books based on the Bible. The suspense sounds interesting. The fact that it is edited so well is another plus. I have it on my list of books to read and look forward to it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”