Review of Love and Marriage

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Love and Marriage

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love and Marriage" by Arthur Hartz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

As our faces differ, so do our hearts' desires. There comes a time when every individual is connected to someone by love, and sometimes, it turns sour because of misunderstandings in these relationships. Love and Marriage: Cartoons About Imperfect People Managing Their Most Important Relationships by Arthur Hartz is written to enlighten us and help interpret some situations in love and marriage.

The first thing that Hartz told us was that we shouldn't expect our lovers to see the best in us just because we love them, nor should we expect they will reciprocate the kindness or honesty we show them. Most people rely on trial and error to achieve their objectives, which is risky considering human relationships. He then continued by instructing us that how we present ourselves is essential and determines who we attract.

Arthur defined dating as a search for companionship and, to a certain extent, a search to satisfy our sexual desire. Because men have more need for sex than women do, this should give them more authority. Everything is fair while a couple is together, but some individuals lie, pretend, and do not care about the other person's feelings. He said that being moral will assist relationships, and he discussed how having good communication skills can help partners understand each other better. In addition, he said that being honest would be of great help.

I liked this book because it shared different views on relationships and how to manage them. Hartz doesn't discriminate against any gender in his book. Hartz is good at graphics because he only spent a little time writing. Instead, Hartz uses art to describe and present his information. Because he knew the goal, he had precision and took little time to achieve it. I like his perspective on communication in marriage because most couples overlook it, and when in an argument, they feel it's unnecessary to share their problems.

I wouldn't say I liked the artwork in black and white, and I think the color will make it lively. I recommend this book to lovers and married couples so they will understand marriage and love better. I didn't find any errors while reading, which shows that Love and Marriage: Cartoons About Imperfect People Managing Their Most Important Relationships by Arthur Hartz was exceptionally well edited. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed it, and it enlightened me about marriage.

Love and Marriage
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Actually people doesn't see much in relationship apart from companionship, sexual satisfaction and procreation. I also accept with you that adding colours to the artworks would be nice.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

The generation we live in now only wants sex and no commitment attached to it. People that shouldn't even know what sex means are the ones pioneering it.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

Relationship is very difficult and I feel that we should be at our best while relating with the opposite gender and I feel sex should not be a priority in any relationship.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I like that the book incorporates humor and cartoon illustrations, which can help make the content more engaging and accessible. Your review does a great job of highlighting the book's focus on communication and the importance of balance in relationships.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Gloria Hearts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-hearts.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gloria Hearts »

This book seems like a guide to relationship and I will recommend it to those into relationship and those aspiring to go into good relationship it wil serve aguide to a good relationship.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

I've seen so many people get so broken and so messed up because of a bad relationship. If you're not ready to commit, stay out of relationships. Don't go ruining other people's lives.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

I love what the author said about relationship that it is majorly search for companionship, someone that will be there no matter the condition and situation, I appreciate the effort of the reviewer in outlining the benefits of this book
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

Even though most relationship starts with the thought of love. I still believe that the end is procreation but most people consider it a sexual exploit opportunity.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Sex must be secondary in a relationship. Unfortunately, some enter into relationships aiming just for sex. So sad.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

I appreciate that you recommended the book to a specific audience, which can help readers determine whether the book is right for them. It's great that the book addresses the difficulties of starting and maintaining a relationship, which can be relatable to many readers.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

This book will offer a lot towards relationships and how to properly navigate a relationship successfully. From this Review one can tell that the book can serve as a guide to becoming a better partner
Okocha Victor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Okocha Victor »

Love and Marriage: Cartoons About Imperfect People Managing Their Most Important Relationships by Arthur Hartz is I one book I want to read. You review sparked love for this book in me. Excellent review.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

Finally, a book that advices about love and relationships. I liked that the author shared different views on relationships and how to deal with them. This should help readers who are in relationships to understand that there are different views on an issue in a relationship and there are ways to solve them
Michael Browny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-browny.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Michael Browny »

It's great that you recognized the book's ability to communicate important information while still being brief and easy to read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”