Review of A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey" by Gurinder Abrol.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We all have different paths to take in life. We are born with different destinies, and the joy that comes with the ability to actualize these dreams shows that it is worthwhile. A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey: His Life and Works by Gurinder Abrol is a book that tells the story of a Ghanaian named Bosco.

Bosco was born in 1963 to a Roman Catholic family in Accra, a family of two boys and four girls, though he had lost his elder brother before he was born. His parents were teachers in Roman Catholic schools. His father spoke Dangme, and Ahuma, as his father loved to call him, was taught English in school. He joined a football team called Brazil at the age of twelve. He was a man server and an altar boy at St. Maurice Roman Catholic Church.

Bosco became a Rastafari at 15 years, and in 1977, he wrote a letter to Bob Marley, to which Bob responded. The response was a motivation for him. Bosco established the Twelve Tribes of Israel in Ghana at twenty-three. He visited Nigeria, did a lot of work to survive, and stayed in Nigeria for two and a half years. Bosco met Ras Kimono in Lagos, and Ras was an upcoming Rastafari musician. He was like an older brother to Bosco, and they used the name Sons of Zion after winning an award.

I liked this book because Bosco is a source of motivation, and the fact that it is based on a life experience makes it more realistic. I liked that, despite how busy his parents were, they were always there for their children, and this should be something good for busy parents to emulate. Bosco was ambitious and hardworking, which made me understand the lengths you must go to achieve what you want. I liked that Bosco pointed out the limitations in the music industry of Ghana, and anyone in music can learn from this.

I didn’t have any reason to dislike this book. I recommend this book to anyone who likes stories based on true life and anyone looking for a source of motivation to actualize their goals. I encountered a few errors in this book, which shows that A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey: His Life and Works by Gurinder Abrol was professionally edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it motivation for me.

A Distinguished Ghanaian Ahuma Bosco Ocansey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

The book cover spells the word history. I have always thought historical books to be boring and only useful in transferring knowledge about customs and traditions.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I love books written based in true life concept and Bosco seems to be best at what ever he does and he was loved by everyone.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

This book was a source of motivation, and I can see that Bosco had the best of life and didn't fail to explore other aspects of life. I think this is a great review and you did a great job.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

I have never been a fan of historical books but these books contains the most amount of knowledge you can ever find. There's is a saying that there is nothing new under the sun.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Each and everyone of us has a purpose in life, and there is no greater joy than discovering and fulfilling ones purpose in live.
I love the educative and motivating tone of the review, nice work
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

I totally agree with your assessment of the book. It sounds like a must-read for anyone interested in biographies. Ahuma Bosco Ocansey mist have had great influence on the author. Your review was well-written.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Bosco really worked hard to get to where he got to in life. One has to put in the work if you want to actualize your dreams and goals. I learnt a lot from this review and I will learn more when I read this book.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

Someone who decides to write a letter to Bob Marley at such age is really determined to be great. I need such encouragement to be able to overcome obstacles in my life.😌😌
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I appreciate the author's writing style, which has made the book an enjoyable read. The font and spacing are well-chosen, and the book is professionally edited, which makes it easy to read without any hindrance.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Each and everyone of us has a purpose in life, and there is no greater joy than discovering and fulfilling ones purpose in live.
I love the educative and motivating tone of the review, nice work
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Americas Revival by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten

Post by Merits Anih »

It's great to hear that the book offers valuable lessons about Ahuma's discipline and commitment in all of his endeavors. It's an important message that can inspire readers. I appreciate your comment about this book being an absolute gem. It's always great to find a book that leaves a lasting impact.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

It's great to hear that you rated this book 5 out of 5 stars. It's a testament to how much you enjoyed it. I appreciate your comment about Ahuma's unwavering dedication and hard work toward his goals. It's inspiring to see someone pursue their dreams with such passion.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

I'm impressed that Ahuma was able to achieve great success in his music career despite the risks associated with leaving his country at a young age. Your review is well-written and provides a balanced perspective on the book. It covers all the aspects that make it a great read.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

Dreams are what actually keep us going. Without these dreams destiny wouldn't be realistic. This review is very nice.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”