Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Throughout the years, there has been a war against all forms of criminality, uprisings, and terrorist attacks that have claimed countless lives and damaged countless homes around the globe. In her book Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War, Dorothy May Mercer introduces cyberwar as a typical example of how these terrorists have found another way to carry out their nefarious plans by utilizing contemporary technology to wreak havoc.

A lot of cyberspace crime fighting, politics, love, and romance are featured in this book. Since they first met in the Fairfax Fix of the Washington McBridge Series, Cynthia and Dan have been close friends. Sergeant Dan MacIntyre is a police officer from the Fairfax PD, and Cynthia Patterson works as a receptionist in addition to serving as Senator McBride's chief of security, investigator, and bodyguard. When Cynthia's secret lover, Sky Eastman, entered her life, they immediately fell in love and had a passionate love-at-first-sight while keeping Dan in the dark. This led to Cynthia becoming involved in a love triangle. The plot thickened as Cynthia combined her intelligence with that of her brother, Glenn Patterson and joined forces with Tim and Garth in a cyberwar against terrorism. Working as spies in their covert cyberwar room, they attempted to uncover the terrorists' plans to equip drones with bombs that would land on the US President's arrival in Washington. What transpires once Dan learns that Cynthia is dating the enigmatic Sky Eastman? Will Glenn and the rest of the spy crew be able to thwart the terrorists' plans? Purchase a copy of this book to learn more about the rest of the narrative.

I want to thank the author for coming up with such a wonderful book. It was quite unpredictable trying to determine Sky Eastman's genuine identity. The book was enjoyable because it was packed with romance, love, technology, and suspense. Each plot was intriguing, which kept the reader engaged. I greatly respect the author for adding the two geeky characters, Tim and Garth, for using their computer intelligence talents to solve the drone's riddle as well as for their cooperation with Glenn and Cynthia in their cyberwar to combat terrorism all over the world.

There is nothing about this book that I detest, it was exceptionally well edited and no errors were identified. I was concerned about Cynthia's new relationship with Sky at the beginning of the novel, but as the action built to its conclusion, there was nothing left to worry about. In light of everything, I will give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I would suggest this book to adults who enjoy romance, action and the developments on the internet because it has some sexual content and a fair amount of profanity.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

Cynthia and Dan is an interesting story that kept me glued to my sit while reading it. I was amazed at Cynthia's courageous act in fighting cybercrime. Nice review!
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

This book sounds like an amaxing sci-fi book, although I'm no fan of love triangle novels. I'm really interested in how Cynthia and Dan will end up after Sky Eastman's appearance into her life.
ELI MESHACK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eli-meshack.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by ELI MESHACK »

This book is really nice combined with the love triangle invloving Cynthia, Dan and the mysterious Sky Eastman. I just felt a little sad for Dan. It shouldn't have ended that way.
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

This sounds like an interesting book. Your summary is well-detailed, and your praise of the author and the novel is pushing me to give it a try. Excellent review!
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

It sounds like a decent sci-fi book. However, if it has got too many technical terms, I might soon lose interest. Thanks for the detailed review.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Cynthia and Dan is an interesting romance novel. There's politics, terrorism and cyber war. I didnt like Cynthia's character though. I think she was given too much credit for being so naive.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

This book is a romance novel with a mix of politics and cybersecurity. The book sounds interesting to me.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

Nice review when I read this book I enjoyed every part of it. I must commend the author for a wonderful job. Well done.
Kenny Geneva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny-geneva.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Kenny Geneva »

This is a wonderful read I must say. I must commend the effort of the author for such a wonderful piece. Nice review.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

The author's extensive research and expertise shine through, offering valuable insights into the tactics, motivations, and impacts of cyber-terrorist activities."
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

The author's ability to contextualize cyber-terrorist activities within the broader geopolitical landscape provides readers with a deeper understanding of the motivations and strategies employed by terrorist groups.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”