Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amy Toria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Amy Toria »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Date Farm starts with a pulse-pounding sequence of events. A shopping mall is rocked by a devastating terrorist attack, claiming numerous lives and injuring many more. In the chaos, communication lines are disrupted, leaving the victims without any aid. Then, the perpetrators of the heinous act took their own lives, leaving behind a wake of destruction and fear throughout the country. Meanwhile, Uri is enjoying a much-needed vacation with his new bride and getting to know her family. But when they hear about the terror attack, Uri and Lara's skills are put to the test as they try to find out what happened and stop any more attacks from happening. Get your copy now to unravel the twists and turns of this thrilling story.

I love how this book is different, especially how it is written from different points of view. With every chapter shift, author Winnick transports the reader into the mindset of a diverse cast of characters, including those on the Iranian side working to bring down the U.S. and Israel. This unique perspective not only adds an extra layer of intrigue to the unfolding plot but also allows readers to understand the motivations and tactics of all involved.

I am captivated by the intellectual dynamic between Lara and Uri, and it is a treat to see their relationship evolve over the course of the Lara and Uri series. Although each installment in the series can be enjoyed as a standalone thriller, the full impact of their journey can only be experienced by following the couple through the entire journey.

The Date Farm by Jack Winnick is a rollercoaster of a read, with non-stop action and heart-pounding suspense. The plot is woven with mystery, and the characters are truly unforgettable, each possessing a unique set of emotions to which the reader can easily relate. The themes of loss, love, and bravery add depth and substance to the story, making it a truly impactful read. The plot twists were so surprising that I was engrossed, flipping pages with eager anticipation. I especially love the articulate writing style, which sparked thought-provoking discussions on the interplay of fact and fiction. The book even delves into the intricate details of air defense systems, making it a must-read for anyone interested in the genre. I would also recommend the book to those who love reading terrorist-themed books.

I am giving this book a resounding 5 out of 5 stars. This rating is a testament to Jack Winnick's exceptional writing skills and diligent editing process. I found no errors while reading the book. The story is a thrill ride from start to finish, and I was constantly on the edge of my seat. There was absolutely nothing I disliked about the book.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

"
I'm also impressed by the structure of the book that allows us to experience the story from both the agents' and the terrorists' points of view. I'm giving this book four out of four stars as well!"
" and positive
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I'm really glad to hear that the book is well-edited. Typos and grammatical errors can be distracting and take away from the overall reading experience, so it's great to know that The Date Farm is polished and professional.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

Thanks to the author for being distinct and the plot twists were amazing. Uri and Lara are spectacular characters you don't want to miss. Your Review deserves a resounding applaud.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

"Uri is enjoying a much-needed vacation with his new bride and getting to know her family. But when they hear about the terror attack, Uri and Lara's skills are put to the test" I see the excellent skills you employed here, I am left wondering if Lara is Uris' bride or just another agent. No spoilers included. Thank you for sharing your review.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

The unexpected turns and mystery elements in the story are intriguing. It's great that the story keeps readers on the edge of their seats with the numerous unforeseen events. This review of "The Date Farm" is well-written and engaging. I love how you provided a brief summary of the book, making it easy for readers to understand the plot.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

A book with a hight touch of suspense which also depicts the natural occurrences in different countries. The way the book progressed was also commendable and I don't think anyone would like to miss out on this series.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hartly Samsford »

I appreciate how you recommended the book to readers interested in political thrillers. It's always great to read books that keep us on the edge of our seats and make us keep guessing until the very end.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

I like how you mentioned that the book is a standalone thriller, but it's magical to witness the romance between the couple grow throughout the entire series. It shows that the book is perfect for both new and existing fans of the Lara and Uri series.
John Johnson 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-johnson-12.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by John Johnson 12 »

Your review is relatable, and it shows that you connected with the characters on a personal level. It's great to read reviews that offer personal insights into the book's content. Thank you for writing such an excellent review. Your review has left me inspired and motivated to read the book, and I'm sure it will do the same for other readers as well.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html

Post by James Smith_ »

I appreciate how you recommended the book to readers interested in political thrillers. It's always great to read books that keep us on the edge of our seats and make us keep guessing until the very end.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

It's essential to provide warnings about the book's content, and I appreciate how you mentioned that the book is unsuitable for young readers. It's a good way to target the book to the appropriate audience.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

Your review is engaging and informative. It's a great way to introduce the book to potential readers and encourage them to read it. I like how you provided a brief background of the main characters and their roles in the book. It's a great way to introduce them to potential readers.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

Your review is relatable, with personal experiences that add an element of empathy and understanding to the book's content. It's great to read reviews that offer a personal touch to the book's events and characters.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

The fact that the book contains unexpected turns and mystery elements is a great selling point. It's always great to read books that keep us engaged and entertained from beginning to end. Your review is well-written, with clear and concise language that makes it easy to follow and understand the book's content.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”