Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faith Stacy Leon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-stacy-leon.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Faith Stacy Leon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is a book authored by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah. The story is about how the writer fought for the rights of his people. Algeria, where he hailed from, experienced colonization by the French people that came to live in their midst. Imagine being treated very unfairly by outsiders in your own country. That was exactly what Ghoulem and his people were passing through, which pushed him to plan how to dethrone those French settlers. As a medical student, the writer painstakingly founded different political associations and enlightened other students on the need to join. Many volunteered to join him in the fight after he let them know that the mission was to subdue the French individuals in his nation. Read this book to find out if he eventually succeeded in his mission. 

The good thing about this subject is that it addressed the writer as not only politically driven but also academically driven. He took his academics seriously and graduated at the top of his class. He won scholarships that helped him finance most of his studies. He successfully earned his master's and doctor of philosophy degrees and also spent many years working as a lecturer at a medical school. After he retired, he found happiness in settling issues between nations experiencing wars and violence of any kind. This peace-making attribute in him endeared him to a lot of top politicians, who never failed to invite him to initiate peace talks in their failing nations. Furthermore, I got emotional and inspired at the same time by how the writer was able to combine his studies and pursue his mission. It meant that he loved to see the freedom of his people come to pass.

Parents sacrifice a lot to see that their children are fulfilled in life. They usually do not joke about the success of their children; hence, they don't mind denying themselves the pleasures of life just to ensure that the children do not lack the basic needs of life. The author's mother adequately provided for and took care of him after her husband became deceased until he was able to cater for himself. The writer was a very focused person. Even though his opponents attacked him at some point, he persevered and pushed on. 

This book merited a five out of five stars rating from me. Firstly, I disliked nothing about it. Secondly, the detailed explanation of how things unfolded and the pictures in it gave more meaning to the subject. Thirdly, the absence of errors exhilarated me because I love exceptionally edited books. Lastly, I've learned to always be a peacemaker in a place full of crises instead of being someone who would increase the already existing crisis in that place. Ghoulem was known to always initiate a dialoguing process between two fighting nations. 

This book would be best loved by people who are avid fiction book readers, individuals who are aspiring to be future peacemakers and conflict resolution officers between fighting nations, and any person who dislikes discrimination and oppression happening amongst people.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah tells the story of a man who dedicated his life towards peace building. I enjoyed reading every part of this book.
Cesyao
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cesyao.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Cesyao »

The author's depth of knowledge and research on peacebuilding shines through, adding layers of authenticity to the story. Great review by the way.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”