Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When born into a Christian family, we are educated and told many biblical stories, from which we are to find some meaning and learn many moral lessons. Unfortunately, depending on the version of the Bible used, some of these biblical stories may be difficult to understand. The book Killing Abel: Fratricide by Michael Tieman retells Bible stories from an interesting perspective.

Tieman talked about the creation of man and how God created Adam and made Eve out of his rib. God provided for all their needs, but also instructed them to eat anything in the garden except for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Lucifer had deceived Eve, and they had eaten the fruit. They were both sent out of the Garden of Eden by God. Adam and Eve started a family, and they had children together.

Eva was the firstborn child of Adam and Eve, and Eve cried to God to give her a son, and she gave birth to Abel. God instructed Noah to build an ark because of the coming flood and how it would affect the rest of the world. Noah was obedient and completed building a boat the size of a football field. Then, as instructed by God, he filled the ark with various animals. Want to find out how Noah and the animals survived the flood? Get this book.

I liked this book bcause I had to compare the scriptures with the book; it showed that Michael had put in the effort to research the Bible, which made reading the Bible more interesting. Killing Abel also pointed out the importance of obedience and how rewarding it can be. Another admirable quality that Michael brought up was love, as well as the significance that it can have in our day-to-day lives. Killing Abel contains many life lessons; you must read them carefully. The book also talks about the power of prayer and having faith that we will receive the answer to our prayers or the miracle we seek.

I didn't have any reason to dislike this book. I recommend this book to Christians, anyone researching the genesis of life, and anyone who loves biblical stories. However, I encountered a few errors while reading this book, which shows that Killing Abel: Fratricide by Michael Tieman was professionally edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed reading the Bible from Tieman's perspective.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: What Makes You Feel Better That Starts With The Letter by Sienna L. Ambrose

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I never knew Adam had a daughter even before his sons, I would say that this book broadens ones knowledge about most of these biblical story and it's a perspective you should read to view.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I agree with Michael that love and obedience are positive virtues that can pay off on the long-run. Or is actually interesting how the animals and humans were able to fit in peacefully in the ark.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Lightning Child by Quinn Lamothe
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 1%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

I have always felt like there are missing pieces to the Bible stories. Although I don't believe everything the author suggests, I have to admit it makes sense. It fits the blank spaces well you'll think they're true.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

The famous saying, obedience is better than sacrifice rings in my mind after reading this review. You did an amazing job with this one. I'm definitely going to read this book. It looks promising.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

It is fascinating what Michael Tieman was able to create with his writing skills in this book.
I like the highlighted positive aspects of book, i will add it to my TO READ bookshelf.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

I have always had unanswered questions whenever l read about the story of Adam and Eve. This book unravels a lot about events at creation. Christians will find this book fascinating.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

This is an amazing review! I'm so impressed with how you have captured the main themes and plot of Killing Abel. You have clearly done your research and have a great understanding of the Bible for you to be comparing the book with the bible while reading.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I loved how the author told the story of creation in a fun way without mixing up the vital details. This is a fun way to read and also learn the Bible if you’re a Christain.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

I am not really a fan of biblical stories but I would consider reading this book because of your honest reviews and I would love to see Michaels perspective.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I think this book would be a great read for anyone interested in biblical occurrences, especially the story of the first man and woman God created. It also seems like a great read for those struggling with guilt due to sin, as it demonstrates God's presence, love, and kindness, and his willingness to accept us back when we return to him.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

It is fascinating what Michael Tieman was able to create with his writing skills in this book.
I like the highlighted positive aspects of book, i will add it to my TO READ bookshelf.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Merits Anih »

The book's themes of perseverance and determination are inspiring and make the story more relatable to readers. The inclusion of elements of romance adds a softer, more emotional side to the story.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

I appreciate the emphasis on obedience and love, as these are important values in many people's lives. It's great to see a book that highlights the power of prayer and faith, which are often overlooked in modern society.
devdip biswas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devdip-biswas.html

Post by devdip biswas »

I really did appreciate that the author put some hard work into his work. It's a good thing to point out.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”