Review of Love and Marriage

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Review of Love and Marriage

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love and Marriage" by Arthur Hartz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There is a zeal for companionship, love, and care that we hope for, and this is the genesis of every relationship. However, starting a relationship seems difficult because we need to determine who we will be compatible with on our first communication with people we are attracted to, and we are forced to find a partner based on trial and error, which has proved effective over time. Love and Marriage: Cartoons About Imperfect People Managing Their Most Important Relationship by Arthur Hartz is a book with various scenes of how a relationship could be.

Hartz started by telling us that we all know what we want in a sexual partner and how men would prefer women endowed with various physical qualities, with beauty also a consideration. Regarding sexual needs, we consider the pretty and handsome ones first. Hartz used a kissing booth to illustrate how ugly people would line up and pay for a kiss.

Arthur showed in the book that good virtues are qualities to be appreciated by people around you, while some will still detest you for these qualities. He also talked about how people dealt with rejection by loving themselves and how some people will still prefer an ugly individual to someone who doesn't have a social life or is living a boring life. Finally, he talked about how we choose our partners and how it will help if technology makes matchmaking easier.

I liked this book because it was brief but still communicated information. Arthur is a good artist, as he could paint pictures in his readers' minds, which was unique about the book. I also liked the idea of online matchmaking, which he brought up in the book, because it would inform you about an individual's preferences and save you the stress of trial and error. I also liked Arthur's view on communication because I am a victim and know miscommunication in a relationship or marriage is unavoidable. Arthur also tried to illustrate the importance of balance in anyone's life, especially socially.

I didn't have any reason to dislike this book. I recommend this book to a married couple and people who love graphic novels. I didn't encounter any errors while reading this book, which shows that Love and Marriage: Cartoons About Imperfect People Managing Their Most Important Relationship by Arthur Hartz was exceptionally well edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it contains a lot of information and requires you to study some images to understand the message.

Love and Marriage
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

People may not agree that when consider sexual needs that looks are primary consideration before any other factor, forgetting that good virtues should come first before any thing else. Though opinions may vary.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

Thank you for writing such an insightful and well-crafted review! Your attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and engaging writing style make this a valuable resource for anyone interested in Love and Marriage: Cartoons About Imperfect People Managing Their Most Important Relationship by Arthur Hartz.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

I appreciate that you didn't find any faults with the book, which speaks to its overall quality.
Your review has made me interested in reading Love and Marriage: Cartoons About Imperfect People Managing Their Most Important Relationship.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

I like that the book acknowledges the imperfections and complexities of relationships, which can help readers feel more understood and validated. Your review shows that you appreciate the unique artistic style and storytelling techniques that Arthur Hartz uses in the book.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Marriage and relationships can get a bit tricky even much rejections. Reading this review shows that the author knows much about how relationships work and how to navigate one successfully. Your review is well detailed.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

People who detest you for good qualities you have secretly love it but are proud to say it and communication is not only key in a relationship, comprehension is
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

Through humorous and insightful cartoons, Hartz captures the essence of relationships, reminding us that imperfections are part of the journey. It made me to laugh, reflect, and nod in agreement as i flip through the pages.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

Through the use of a striking metaphor, it sparks a reflection on the impact of physical attractiveness in our society, provoking conversations about the fairness and inclusivity we should strive for in our relationships and interactions.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

Your review does a great job of highlighting the book's educational value and the potential benefits it can have for readers.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

I like that you recognized the book's ability to provide readers with relatable and practical advice for their relationships. It's great that the book offers a fresh perspective on the challenges and joys of love and marriage.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

Thank you for your excellent review! It's clear that you put a lot of thought and effort into writing it, and it's a valuable resource for those who are interested in the book.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

This book beautifully captures the essence of human connection, offering insights that will resonate with readers of all backgrounds.
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

From your review The story seems to highlight the imperfections and complexities of relationships, emphasizing that people may have diverse preferences and criteria for choosing a partner.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Call Me Adam by Jo McCarty

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Through clever cartoons, Arthur Hartz's "Love and Marriage" provides a witty and humorous exploration of the challenges inherent in relationships. From the criteria for choosing partners to coping with rejection and embracing good virtues, this book offers an entertaining and insightful commentary on the dynamics of love and marriage.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”