Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick is an action-packed thriller. It is the second book in the thrilling series, which is easily a standalone book. I could follow the series despite not having read the first book.

In Brooklyn, at a Jewish synagogue, a bomb blast rocks the temple at the Yom Kippur service, despite the high security scan of people who came for the service, which had been put in place since the 9/11 incident. The Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) unit of the FBI deployed their Special Agent, Lara Edmond, to carry out an investigation about the devastating incident which happened right on American soil. Preliminary investigations indicated that collaboration will be needed with the national security agency of Israel, Mossad, as the suicide bombers were partially identified. Mossad sent one of their finest agents, Uri Levin, to join in the investigation. The collaborative efforts of the agencies led them on a trail across countries and cities, trying to unravel the webs surrounding the unfortunate incident. Who was the mastermind behind this act, and what were the tools and methods they used to penetrate the ever-watchful eye of border security? You need to grab the book and read.

I particularly enjoyed the relationship between the two lead protagonists in the book. They maintained professionalism despite their romantic attraction to each other. Their near-death experiences after they were captured by the Ghost were exhilarating to read. I found myself pondering what might happen next because of the suspense the author was able to weave. One can draw a mental picture of each scene from the way the story was crafted.

Reading the book, it is evident that the author is well versed in the Middle East crisis and was able to spin a believable tale of the bombing and conspiracies. The characters were well developed, and I was able to follow the story easily. I like how the chapters flow into each other. The book has 36 chapters and an epilogue, with 260 pages of action-packed crime thriller. I, however, do not like the extreme detailing of some of the terrorist activities, and I had times when I was bored with the background story.

I did not find any errors while reading so the book is exceptionally well edited. I will rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because my personal dislike does not in any way remove the quality put into this book.

This book is recommended for lovers of crime fiction, suspense, and espionage.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I have always known Jack Winnick to be a good writer. And this is a great book. I like that it can be read as a standalone. Lara and Uri at work again. Weldone.
New Nikky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-new-nikky.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by New Nikky »

This is a good review and I must tell you that I enjoyed it. Your review has a very good and nice storyline which is very good. I will read this book soon and I will like to learn from it.
Ladyginger
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyginger.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ladyginger »

You did a great job by giving us a beautiful review and this is indeed great and also brilliant to read. The book reads meaning to me from the review you gave.
Newestobc
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-newestobc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Newestobc »

The review of devil among us which you gave is very amazing. Your likes and dislikes were also well detailed and I know what to expect from the book in case I want to read the book.
Lawyer Law
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawyer-law.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Lawyer Law »

You gave a good review and this is like you because your review are also good and always amazing to read about. This book is also another of your many books with great reviews. You did a great job with the review. I applaud your great efforts.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Jack Winnick is a prolific writer and I agree with him in this book that indeed we have Devils in human form living among us. There is no justification for killing anyone. Wonderful review.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick is an interesting book about the quest the foil the terrorists plot which was responding for the bombing at a Jewish synagogue.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Jack Winnick is an awesome writer and I was lucky to have read the five books in this series. I hope there will be more to come from him. Nice review!
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

This definitely sounds like my kind of novel and I really enjoyed your review of it too. I might read this soon.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

Lara and Uri experienced a near death experience when they were captured by the Ghost? This book sounds like something that I would definitely read! I'm always on the lookout for books that will keep me on the edge of my seat, and this one seems like it would do just that.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

I'm also impressed by the thoroughness of the review, as the reviewer was able to provide a detailed summary of the plot and characters and also gave a thoughtful analysis of the story. I admire that the two main character were professional in their word despite the fact that they were in a relationship.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

It's amazing how the author was able to capture the emotions and suspense of the story so well. I'm definitely interested in reading this book to find out how Lara and Uri will be able to find the sect behind this bombing. I'm sure it will be full of twists and turns that will keep me on the edge of my seat.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

The author's descriptions of the conversations between the US and Israel. Additionally, the author skillfully presents the intricacies of the Middle Eastern nations and their leaders. Reading the book was an amazing experience for me.
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Shadow Song
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

Great review! I love this book series, although they are a bit too realistic. The Middle East is an area I know little about so it is fascinating.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”