Review of The Prophecy of the Heron

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review of The Prophecy of the Heron

Post by Book owly »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prophecy of the Heron" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Prophecy of the Heron is about the hard and struggling life of Kim, who lives in a future world controlled by AI robots and advanced technology. Their community is divided into districts, which are all controlled by the AI company. The story starts with Kim being accused of various false accusations against her and the community leaders sending her to District 33, a wild and dangerous place full of violence and crime, as a punishment. Kim, who has never even witnessed any crime or violence in her life, must now live in fear and danger in order to survive. She starts doing illegal work and finds a living for herself. The leaders know how useful Kim can be to the AI company, but they still want to get rid of her for some reason. After some time, Kim gets attacked and chased a lot by different people who were set up by the community leaders, but she manages to save herself. Going along with this horrific adventure, Kim realizes that there are some hidden truths about the AI company. At the same time, she finds out about some kind of prophecy related to her, so she decides to accept the prophecy and find out the truth. After a lot of hard work with her friends, she finally finds out about the corruption between AI and its creators and how they will destroy the whole of humanity. But why is she chosen to save everyone? Will she be able to save humanity from destruction?

The Prophecy of the Heron by Craig W. Stanfill is a book full of adventures. What I liked about the book is how humans could live with AI robots in the future, which was really interesting to me. The story had an amazing twist, and it remained a mystery until the end. Another thing I liked was the variety of scenes and characters. You could feel many things happening at the same time. It is like a real-life story on how to accept the struggles of life and get back what is yours, to never give up on your friends, and to stand against evil. Although this book is a sequel to the first, it is started and finished in a very understandable way, which defines the creativity of the author. There is also the fact that the novel takes place in a future world of AI and advanced technology, and then you can see how the author has managed to place every plot in a realistic and fascinating way.

What I didn’t like about the book was some of the long scientific discussions related to AI and computer science, which I didn’t understand quite well and found a little complicated at the beginning. However, I understood everything by reading it again. The book was outstandingly well edited, and I don’t see any mistakes throughout the book.

I think I would have to rate The Prophecy of the Heron a perfect 5 out of 5 stars. It was a book I enjoyed reading. It was simple to read, the scenes were well-connected, and it was incredible to read a novel containing AI and advanced future technology.

I would absolutely recommend The Prophecy of the Heron to readers who like sci-fi and fantasy. I think you would love to read about how humans and AI will live in a future world. I found the story so interesting that I want to read the first book of the series as well.

The Prophecy of the Heron
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I enjoyed the first book in this series but found it quite confusing, however I think the next one might be more enjoyable as I already know what's going on.
JkReviewer17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-najibullah-qanit.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by JkReviewer17 »

Your review is very good, I was thinking if i should read the book, and after this review I sure will!
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Arakhsh Qanit wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 11:37 It is like a real-life story on how to accept the struggles of life and get back what is yours, to never give up on your friends, and to stand against evil.
I like that this sci-fi/not-so-fantasy story has a universal theme. Thank you for an excellent review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I read both books, "Terms of Service" and "The Prophecy of the Heron," and I enjoyed them very much. You summarized the book very well. Great review! 
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Book owly
Currently Reading:

Post by Book owly »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 21:21 I read both books, "Terms of Service" and "The Prophecy of the Heron," and I enjoyed them very much. You summarized the book very well. Great review! 
I haven't read "Terms of Service" yet but I think I will surely read it in near future. Thank you very much for your comment.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html

Post by Jê hii »

Nice review but you can do better than this
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

I love the ideas around AI and imagining what this would be like, and also the nice messages you found in the book around friendship and standing against evil. It seems like an action-filled fantasy book. Thanks for a really great review!
Book owly
Currently Reading:

Post by Book owly »

Ifechi Angela wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 15:23 Nice review but you can do better than this
Thank you for your comment! I am working on it to get better. Hopefully I believe I have the capability to improve.
Book owly
Currently Reading:

Post by Book owly »

Catalina Aspinall wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 04:27 I love the ideas around AI and imagining what this would be like, and also the nice messages you found in the book around friendship and standing against evil. It seems like an action-filled fantasy book. Thanks for a really great review!
Thanks for your reply 🙃. Yeah it's an action filled fantasy and I think you will love and enjoy reading it. It is true that now we live in a world where the knowledge about AI is constantly increasing and its amazing to have writers write using their thoughts and imaginations about AI and the future world.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

Arakhsh Qanit wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 04:34
Catalina Aspinall wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 04:27 I love the ideas around AI and imagining what this would be like, and also the nice messages you found in the book around friendship and standing against evil. It seems like an action-filled fantasy book. Thanks for a really great review!
Thanks for your reply 🙃. Yeah it's an action filled fantasy and I think you will love and enjoy reading it. It is true that now we live in a world where the knowledge about AI is constantly increasing and its amazing to have writers write using their thoughts and imaginations about AI and the future world.
Yes, it sounds like a great story! It really makes you think. Thanks for the recommendation and I look forward to seeing other books you review in future 😊
Book owly
Currently Reading:

Post by Book owly »

Catalina Aspinall wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 04:38
Yes, it sounds like a great story! It really makes you think. Thanks for the recommendation and I look forward to seeing other books you review in future 😊
Thank you very much, I really appreciate that. I would love to read your reviews in the future as well.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Kim's punishment was extremely harsh and must have been traumatic. Thanks for the review!
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Reawakening the magic volume 1 by Claire De Voyant

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

Craig is known to write really adventurous books I think. Kim definitely had a hell of a life and I may want to know how this ends. Thanks for the review.
Book owly
Currently Reading:

Post by Book owly »

Khriscee1 wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 18:42 Craig is known to write really adventurous books I think. Kim definitely had a hell of a life and I may want to know how this ends. Thanks for the review.
Yeah Craig is an amazing writer when it comes to adventurous books. He definitely knows how to attract readers with his thoughts and ideas. Reading his book, you can imagine how he managed to write something like this. I am sure you guys will love it. Thank you for your comment!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”