Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace is a nonfiction book that explores racism, prejudice, politics, diplomacy, and the author's life. In Algeria, Africa, Dr. Ghoulem Berrah comes from a low-income household. This book details the author's life path from childhood to old age, including all of his accomplishments, challenges, career, and relationships. Prior to being sent abroad to study medicine on a scholarship due to his intelligence and brilliance, Dr. Ghoulem Berrah completed his elementary and high school education in Algeria with the help of his mother. Dr. Berrah had experienced racism as a child in his native country while it was being colonized by the French.

To fight for their rights, he gathered his brothers who were living abroad. They encountered several challenges along the way, including fighting and sleeping in jail. Dr. Berrah was a success in school, earned a doctorate, and even rose to the position of lecturer at the Yale School of Medicine. He also used himself as an example to discuss the necessity of religious peace. For more information, read this captivating book.

This book is informative and instructive. Through the author's perspective, I was able to discover more about the history of the 19th century. Dr. Berah is a wise and bright individual. Despite the challenges he was aware he may encounter, I admire his bravery in fighting for the independence of his nation. His brilliance even qualified him to serve as a presidential advisor in Africa. I also respect the way he and the brothers he met abroad worked together. While most of them had their initial encounters with one another abroad, they were nevertheless able to accomplish a lot as a group.

The book also includes several images from the nineteenth century. I had the opportunity to view images from that era. While others had color, some were in black and white. World peace was something the author sincerely desired. He believes that each person is the beginning of peace. We should interact with our neighbors in a peaceful way. If Dr. Berrah were still living today, I'm confident that some of the issues that various nations are currently facing would have been fixed. May his soul rest in peace forever.

I have no complaints about this book. Nothing is incorrect. It is exceptionally edited. I can’t give this memoir a lower rating than 5 out of 5 stars. It’s well written.

I'll suggest this memoir to readers of historical fiction. Learning about the issues that existed throughout the author's lifetime is made easier by reading this.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Dream of peace is the most captivating and appealing novel that will encourage anyone who want to fight for freedom for his country. Good job on this review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

I so much admired and appreciated Ghoulem's marriage. The tolerance displayed in his marriage, despite his and his wife's religious diversity, is something worthy of imitation. Great review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Dr Berrah is a blessing to Africa and I am most grateful that he was able to write this book before his death. I pray that Africa gets it right one day too. Well done!!!
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is an interesting book with story about a man who dedicated his life to build peace in the world. I enjoyed reading this book.
Declan Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-declan-shelby.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Declan Shelby »

A Dream of peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is simply a book richly filled with history which we all are meant for know. It's very interesting too.
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html

Post by Chibee Glory »

Dr. Berrah's in his autobiography preached peace. His life is a reflection of what he preached. This is a great book, nice review too.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

Dr. Berrah is an interesting character I love to read about. I am happy that his love for his country led him to fight for peace and freedom, which leads to a peaceful co-existence.
Excel Chisom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-chisom.html
Latest Review: Becoming Athena by Katherine Lore

Post by Excel Chisom »

Haven't read this book yet but when I'm done with the one I'm reading I will definitely look into it. The review was also very much interesting, I enjoyed reading it
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I enjoyed reading this book by Dr. Berrah I was enlightened by the morals I learned after reading the book. Nice review.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I like reading biographies as I learn from experiences of others. Dr. Berrah's life was indeed rich. I don't agree with some of his views, but I really enjoyed reading his book. Great review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

This isn't my first time reading a review about this book, I think Dr.Berrah is a man with a brave and good heart. Reading this novel reminds me of an adage " The only reason for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". Great review.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Amanda Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-warner.html
Latest Review: The Magic of Gluten-Free Cooking by Julia Matto

Post by Amanda Warner »

I have read several reviews about the courage and passion for peace exhibited by Dr. Berrah. A Dream for Peace is one of the best books talking about the fight for freedom.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

A dream of peace is an informative book that portrays the life of Mr Berrah. I love how the author fought for peace in all and sundry. His story is an inspiration to the world. Thanks for the great review.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

When I read Dream for Peace, I became aware of how diplomatic one can be and how diplomatic relationship works. I loved reading this memoir. Amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”