Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Madam Tori »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

One fateful day, Eric wakes up in an unfamiliar home belonging to a stunning lady named Sasha. To his surprise, he soon realizes that he is no longer an ordinary human being; instead, he has undergone a startling transformation into a vampire, albeit one who is immune to the sun's scorching rays. Initially, Eric tries to brush off his new reality and maintain a sense of normalcy, but this quickly proves impossible. To make matters worse, he discovers that a host of people and organizations are determined to harm him. Faced with no other option, Eric turns to Sasha, who becomes his mentor and guides him through his new reality.

Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited is a book I thoroughly enjoyed reading, and I was hooked from the very first page. The book's plot was well-crafted, and the author did a fantastic job developing the storyline. In addition, the characters were unique and were introduced in a way that immediately made the readers love them.

I was invested in Eric's journey from the moment he woke up in an unknown house owned by a mysterious woman named Sasha. I could only imagine how Eric felt when he realized that he had been transformed into a vampire without his consent by Susan. However, Eric's quick ability to forgive Sasha and encourage himself to embrace his new reality impressed me. The story is told through a series of journal entries, which makes it easy to connect with Eric and understand his feelings. I found myself empathizing with his confusion and his search for answers about his identity.

One of the things I appreciated most about the book was Eric's growth throughout the story. The book provided in-depth explanations of Eric's experiences, and this helped me understand his journey better. Garon Whited did an excellent job of crafting a unique and engaging story with well-developed characters that readers could connect with.

While I found this book to be an enjoyable read overall, I couldn't help but feel that the author may have dragged out the story too much at times. This caused me to lose some interest in the book at some points. This also made the book's length enormous. I eventually finished the book, but it was such a huge chore for me. I am rating the book 4 out of 5 stars for the reasons I stated above.

Whited has taken a subtle approach to sex in the book, leaving the specifics of the encounters up to the reader's imagination. The editing was perfectly done, with no errors in the book. Furthermore, the ending was crafted with such finesse that it seamlessly sets the stage for the sequel. I highly endorse this book for readers who are fond of science fiction and other fiction genres. In addition, those who relish thrillers and romance novels will find this masterpiece equally enjoyable.

Overall, Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited is a captivating book that will keep readers glued to its pages. The book has a unique take on the vampire genre that offers an exciting blend of action, emotion, humor, and suspense. The author's imaginative interpretation of vampirism, coupled with the well-developed characters and intricate plot, makes for a truly gripping read.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Eric is such a nice man. Even when he discovered that he is a vampire he still maintains his good nature. This book is highly interesting and captivating. Good job.
Samuel Songs
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

The reviewer's praise of the editor is noteworthy. It's always good to see that a book has been edited well and is free of any major errors.
I like how the reviewer rates the book five out of five stars. It shows that they truly enjoyed the book and would recommend it to others.
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Mateo Kante
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mateo-kante.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Mateo Kante »

Eric seems like a great character. He must have really loved Sasha. Great review.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Being normal one day and waking up a vampire another is too unreal. I'm not surprised Eric tried to brush off his transformation and act like an ordinary human.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

This review is
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html

Post by Eliah king »

This is wonderful job . The reviwer has a a great writting technique .
The reviewer pionted out both the negative and postive aspect of the story with a well structured grammer
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html

Post by Amy Toria »

While I can understand how the length of the book might be daunting, I personally enjoy longer books that allow for a more immersive reading experience. The action and mystery in "Nightlord: Sunset" kept me engaged from beginning to end.
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

Your descriptions of the adventure and mystery in the book make me want to pick it up and start reading right away. It's interesting to hear that the author gave vampires a fresh perspective in this book - I'm curious to see how he did that.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hartly Samsford »

Your review has convinced me to add "Nightlord: Sunset" to my reading list. I appreciate your thorough analysis and honest opinion of the book. Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

I appreciate how you highlighted the author's unique take on vampires and magic, which sets this book apart from others in the genre. The character development is outstanding, and the story is engaging and immersive.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

I can see how the first-person narration could be a challenge, but it sounds like the author handled it well overall. Your review has piqued my interest in this book, and I'll definitely consider giving it a read.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

I love books that fastens my eyes on the pages. I know Nightlord sunset is not different. I like your analysis on the book. I will get this book to know the author's perspective on vampires.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

I could remember the weekend I read this book. I was so engrossed due to the twist and supense. I so much loved the book and how it was narrated. Thanks for the review.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I agree that the character development in the book is excellent, and the use of magic by the vampires is a fresh and exciting addition to the storyline. The storyline kind of veered of the conventional vampire stories.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”