Review of Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Review of Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians" by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Solving mysteries is fun and challenging, but providing children with interesting stories can help mold their minds intellectually. Doctoroo & the Case of the Red-Hot Hawaiians by Rachael Wellner is a book that tells the story of how a doctor solves the problems of her animal friends.

Kirby Koala, Dr Marsha Roo, and Terence Toad are having fun playing ruby somewhere in Australia. Louie Llama signals to Dr Marsha that she has a message, and they take a break to read the text. On reading the text, she rubs her chin, thumps her foot in a sequence, and turns to Doctoroo. She told the team to prepare the plane because they had a case.

They take selfies before boarding, and when they arrive in Hawaii, they land near the festival grounds and are greeted by other animals. They found the pigs that Gertie Goose had originally texted them about, and after questioning and examining them, Doctoroo discovers that the pigs aren't running any abnormal temperatures. They will now research and find out what causes the pig's symptoms.

I liked the book because it was brief and, despite that, could convey the necessary information. Rachel made sure to include the type of animal in the characters' last names so that the book would teach children a lot about different kinds of animals. I also learned about some poisonous gases that can be emitted from a volcano. This book will also teach children that a spider bite can make one red and itchy.

I didn't have any reason to dislike this book. I recommend this book to children who love stories about animals. I didn't encounter any errors while reading, which shows that Doctoroo & The Case of the Red-Hot Hawaiians by Rachael Wellner were exceptionally well edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it is very educational for children.

Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

This book will obviously help children identify animals and that’s a good thing. I really enjoyed reading your review and it was enlightening. Keep it up !!
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

Your review does a great job of highlighting the benefits of providing children with interesting stories that can help mold their minds intellectually. I appreciate that you noted the brevity of the book and how it was still able to convey the necessary information effectively.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

Your review has made me interested in learning more about the characters and their adventures in the book.
It's great that the book teaches children about the dangers of poisonous gases emitted from a volcano.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

I appreciate that you recommended this book to children who love stories about animals. It's important to find books that children will enjoy reading. This review does a great job of summarizing the book's content without giving too much away. It leaves enough for readers to discover on their own.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

This Review was brilliantly written as it showed the important things a child can learn from reading this book such the name of different animals and also that a volcano can emit poisonous chemicals and the names of this chemicals.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

The author did a good job including the type of animal to the characters last name which will help the reader in relating to the character. Also I hope children get to learn that spider bite doesn't turn them to spiderman or spider woman
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

The author's vivid descriptions and engaging storytelling make you feel like you're right there with the characters, playing rugby and experiencing their exciting journey. The unique communication between the characters adds an extra layer of intrigue to the story.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I think it instills the joy of storytelling while promoting critical thinking skills in children, leaving them eager for more adventures. The story also nurtures young children's intellect and sparks their curiosity.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

It's great that the book teaches children about the effects of a spider bite. It's a reminder to be careful around insects and animals.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

I like that you recognized the book's ability to teach children about different animals. It's a valuable lesson that can help them like the diversity of the natural world.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

I like that you recognized the book's educational value. It's important to provide children with books that can help them learn and grow.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

Doctoroo and the Case of the Red Hot Hawaiians" by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner is an imaginative and engaging book that introduces young readers to the exciting world of medical mysteries.
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

Sometimes solving mysteries can be a fun and challenging activity, though it provides children with interesting stories that can contribute to their intellectual development.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

My curiosity in reading more about the characters and their exploits in the book has increased as a result of your review. It is wonderful that the book informs kids about the perils posed by a volcano's noxious gas emissions.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”