Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Medina Fedrick »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A little bump on Barbara Galutia Regis' skin was initially thought to be benign, but it later turned out to be a rare form of melanoma. She was fortunate to have discovered it early and taken care of it before it posed a serious threat to her health. The author elaborated on some health insurance policies from the viewpoints of a doctor and a patient, which would be very helpful to many, especially those who are not in the medical field and are unsure of the best coverage for their health. And she also provided insight into the healthcare industry for both aspiring and practicing medical professionals. She decided to pursue a generational career route after thirty years of teaching music; she earned a degree in physician assistant studies and chose to specialize in family practice, which was a path taken by her father.

In Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis, M.S., PA-C, the author told stories of her experiences with her patients and some of her childhood experiences too, which enlivened the book, and despite being a medical book, it was fascinating to read. The chapters were nicely arranged, which made it easy to navigate through the pages of this book; it didn't feel difficult to read. Despite the book's light and somewhat fast pace, the author provided brief and straightforward explanations that did not lend themselves to any misunderstanding.

I appreciate that the author took the time to explain some of the medical terms used in the book, but it would have been helpful to have a glossary of these terms that I could have used whenever I was unsure of their definitions. Additionally, the narrative style was incredibly engrossing and reader-friendly; I had the impression that the author was speaking directly to me during these narrations.

Her decision to forsake her thirty-year music career in order to pursue a career in medicine motivated me. Even if they are dissatisfied with their current professional path, most people believe that they are too old to pursue a new one once they have grown up and started families. They don't bother engaging in their passions. But I discovered that, when it comes to pursuing our true desires in life, our age isn't a hindrance and shouldn't be one. I also learned that, much like she did when she discovered her problem early and was able to prevent the disease's grave state, we should pay attention to our bodies and obtain frequent checkups.

Since the author was able to inform the reader on a complicated subject in a way that was engrossing, I was unable to find anything to dislike about this book. Only five errors were found throughout the entire book, which indicates that it was professionally edited. Consequently, I would give this book a rating of five out of five stars because I couldn't find anything to dislike about it. I would recommend this book to medical professionals in training and in the field.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

Our healthcare is easy to maintain when we have the right information about it. Books like this are the ones that provides those information for a successful healthcare.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

The business of healthcare is very important. There are many people with ailment that would have been prevented if they found out earlier. I am looking forward to learning from this book. Thanks for an amazing review.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

The author uses this book to educate readers on health related issues and the importance of heath insurance. This was quite an informative book. Great review.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

The author uses this book to educate her readers on the inside happening of the healthcare world. It’s an interesting book that will educate its readers.
Caroline Elizabeth 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-elizabeth-1.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Caroline Elizabeth 1 »

I have read this book and really relished it. This book is very informative not just for medical practitioners but also for individuals who have no idea of the medical industry.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

This is an interesting review of this novel, I believe the author got her inspiration to write this novel from being a survivor of cancer and has vowed to help humanity in any way possible. Great job with your review!
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Your review provides valuable insights and perspective for potential readers. It's helpful to know what worked for you and what didn't, as well as your overall impression of the book. Reviews like these are essential for guiding readers towards books that align with their interests and preferences. Keep up the excellent work, and I look forward to reading more of your reviews in the future.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

One of the things that made me like this book is because of the well-detailed knowledge shared in it to able those that need encouragement to learn. Good job.
Active Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-active-chris.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Active Chris »

This book is would teach readers how to manage their health properly. The author shares insight about some of her opinions regarding several health situations. The book was also a form of encouragement. Great review.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

I recently read this book and it is a compulsory accessory for anyone involced in the health and care industry or seeking to be part of it.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

Barbara's story seems to serve as a guide for people to understand the healthcare system, as she uses her own experience to motivate others. Nicely written review.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

It is inspiring to read that the author gave up her thirty-year music career to pursue a career in medicine. It was incredibly brave of her to do that. Thank you for this wonderful review. I will add this to my "To read" list.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Mark Ntuli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-ntuli.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mark Ntuli »

Surviving the Business of Healthcare sheds light on the financial pressures healthcare professionals face and offers guidance on achieving professional and financial success.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

The author's emphasis on patient-centered care and the importance of communication resonates throughout the book, reminding us of the human aspect of healthcare amidst the bureaucratic challenges.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”