Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever imagined how fishing could be a sport of quantifiable fun and a lifestyle that can't be resisted? You will learn about that in The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings. It narrates the fishing friendship and journey of four friends at various times who later bonded as sisters named Sophie, Amanda, Veronica, and Rose, with the addition of Dame Juliana, the lovely dog of Rose that follows her everywhere she goes. Sophie is like a central person who connects them all, as she met Rose initially at a fly shop where she saw her gazing at various flies. She also saw Veronica at first on an airplane, where they sat next to each other, and Amanda at her pumpkin patch for Military Appreciation Weekend together with her husband and kids.

What I love most about this book is the sincerity and extent of friendship that exist among the women. My orientation about being close to people changed because I always thought there was a tendency for one to be taken for granted. The fact also wowed me that meeting people and having conversations with them can change one's life, especially when there is a sincere love for one another and no one looks down on each other, no matter their weaknesses. I also learned that you need passionate and determined people to help you out. I also observed the striking balance between having fun and their family, as they make sure they're hanging out together and never interfere with their work or family, which I found to be an exhibition of stability.

There is nothing I dislike about this book, as it opens my eyes to the mysteries of the act of fishing. I was highly educated on the techniques and rules of fishing. The exhaustive description of the process of fly-fishing was professional, as I felt like getting some instruments described and beginning the training at once. I also appreciate the deviations in other aspects, such as family life, work, etc., that are not just centered on fishing matters alone, which makes me enjoy this book and not feel bored.

I would love to give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I did not find any grammatical errors, which means that it was exceptionally well-edited. There was clarity and simplicity in using the English language, and the storyline was written in an interesting format, as I didn't find any difficulty in understanding the analysis of all that was being explained.

My recommendation goes not only to anyone who loves fishing adventures and those in the business but to anyone who loves to learn the mastery of building friendships. Finally, I would love to recommend this book to people who want to get motivated by learning a practical view of what determination and passion are.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings is a book with practical tips on how to form and maintain friendship among women. I learned about Fly fishing in this book.
Blessing onyiyechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-onyiyechi.html
Latest Review: Running into God by Roy M. Oswald

Post by Blessing onyiyechi »

Never knew fishing to be part of sport activities. Always thought it is always about business, but I hope to learn more. Nice review.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

Friendships among women are so special and vital to our happiness. I had never considered fly fishing to be a bonding experience for women, but this book sounds like they learn a lot from it and each other. Thank you for your lovely review.
Adeleye Seun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeleye-seun.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Adeleye Seun »

In addition to exposing me to the sport of fly fishing, this book also broadens my understanding of the beneficial effects of friendship. I appreciate your entertaining review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”