Review of Red Endures the Test of Time

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Red Endures the Test of Time

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Red Endures the Test of Time" by Thomas Fullmer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Value is something that constantly changes with time, and sometimes it is disheartening to be in the position of losing value, either as a human or something that belongs to you. It is also a good idea to teach children that durability is a virtue we should acknowledge. Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer is a book that teaches children about value.

Ned had a stable that he named Red. He chose the name "Red" not just because it was painted red but to acknowledge his wife, Emma. In the past, colts and fillies came to the stable by day and rested there by night. For Red, it was about protecting whatever dwelled in it, but now he was left alone, and all that found a home in Red were wild creatures and old machinery. Red would have welcomed a stray cow, sheep, or any other animal, but none came, and Red was lonely.

Red was now an old red barn built with oak wood and granite stone, and despite its old age, it stood firm. His favorites were a bay named Mae and a roan called Red, but they were all gone. His glasses were now shattered by children who threw stones at them. Red only hoped that one day the magnificent horses would return.

I liked this book because it was short and had an exciting plot. Children will learn a lot from this book. The book will teach kids a lot about how to use tools for farming. It also talked about how durable oak wood would be for building. I also like the book because it tells me what horses and other animals like them eat.

I wouldn't say I liked this book because Thomas kept repeating points, which made the reading boring at some point. The use of colors in the book was also misleading because it made reading very difficult, which would be uncomfortable for children. I recommend this book to children who love enlightening stories. I encountered a few errors while reading the book, which shows that Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer was professionally edited. I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars because it was difficult to read because of the uncomfortable colors.

Red Endures the Test of Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I would have loved to read this book but I would hold on to that thought for now. I hope the author re-edits his work and fix up the errors in the book soon enough.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: What Makes You Feel Better That Starts With The Letter by Sienna L. Ambrose

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I would have loved to read this book but I would have to wait till the uncomfortable colours are removed and the book reedited. This is a nice review and I know what to expect while reading this book.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I like the idea of reading short books, and also we should get aquatinted to the idea that everything we have at some point will loose value and we should appreciate durable properties.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Lightning Child by Quinn Lamothe
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 1%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Teachings instilled early in children always stick with them as they grow up. Excellent review. I'm taking notes of these awesome books for when I have children.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:

Confidence Nneoma wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 02:48 Teachings instilled early in children always stick with them as they grow up. Excellent review. I'm taking notes of these awesome books for when I have children.
I agree with you, such teaching stick to their memory. Just like the English Alphabets and stuffs like that.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Quite an interesting review, and it holds moral lesson which makes it perfect for children.
I love the introduction of this review about value. Nice work
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: What Makes You Feel Better That Starts With The Letter by Sienna L. Ambrose

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Ojiaku UC wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 02:32 I like the idea of reading short books, and also we should get aquatinted to the idea that everything we have at some point will loose value and we should appreciate durable properties.
In my opinion, I feel short books are best more little children because of the ability to comprehend books with so much character would be difficult unless the kid has a high intelligence quotient.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

Everyone always want to discard their old stuffs for a new one. I really feel sorry for Red. Red should learn to find comfort when in some situations of rejection.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:

Victory Okenwa O wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 02:35
Ojiaku UC wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 02:32 I like the idea of reading short books, and also we should get aquatinted to the idea that everything we have at some point will loose value and we should appreciate durable properties.
In my opinion, I feel short books are best more little children because of the ability to comprehend books with so much character would be difficult unless the kid has a high intelligence quotient.
You actually have your facts. Nice of you sharing.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I like how the author uses repetition to emphasize important points in the story. The book would be a great starting point for discussions with children about the value of old things and how to take care of the environment.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

If it's short, easy to read and easy to understand, children will love it. The feeling they get after completing a task combined with the knowledge they'll acquire makes reading the book worth it.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Quite an interesting review, and it holds moral lesson which makes it perfect for children.
I love the introduction of this review about value. Nice work
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Merits Anih »

The unique structure of the book could be a refreshing change of pace for readers who are used to more formulaic plots. It's always nice when books have well-developed characters, as it allows readers to become invested in their stories and motivations.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

Overall, the review provides an insightful and detailed analysis of Red Endures the Test of Time. The review's rating of 3 out of 5 stars is a clear indication of the reviewer's critical assessment of the book's strengths and weaknesses.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”