Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ikechukwuamarachi+55
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwuamarachi-55.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is an exciting story about the friendship journey of four women whose fishing activities got them connected and eventually so close that they consider themselves sisters. The overall personalities of these women and how they came across one another were unveiled. Sophie, who is in her forties, is fascinated with the entomology that goes with fly-fishing, as she considers herself a Kansas farm girl. Fly-fishing involves tricking the fish into taking the imitation flies on a hook rather than a live one. Veronica considered her life and career changed after having a two-hour conversation with Sophie, who was going on a paid fishing trip. However, Rose and Amanda are not left out, as they share beautiful moments while on the reel.

It marvels me how the act of fishing can bring different people together, which breeds friendship and a bond among them. With this, consider it a social-economic event that is ignored and brought to light by this book. This is because I observed that their trips and meetings are not all about fishing adventures but about building friendships, and I admire the sincere acceptance, understanding, and tolerance that exist among them. They complement one another's strengths, a practical exhibition of unity and maturity that I found to be worthy of emulation. 

I found nothing to dislike about this book, as the author did a great job of ensuring absolute clarity about the identity of each character discussed, beginning from their originating personalities to other specifications. I also learned that if you want to be at the top of your game, you must master the act of consistent practice and discipline in whatever you are doing. I was exposed to some fishing terminologies such as cabin, gear, and head and could do further research on their usage, as well as others that might not be mentioned here. I also like the highlights of salient points and some color words, as they add some kind of beauty to the storyline in a way that attracts the reader.

This book motivates me to create my adventurous journey of fishing and create my clique to enjoy all that is read in this story. I found no grammatical errors while reading it, as it was exceptionally well-edited. Therefore, I'm giving it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I'm glad that I learned how some atmospheric conditions, such as temperature, can affect fishing.

I would love to recommend this book to those who are interested in undergoing some fishing adventures that will breed true friendship and bonding. I will also recommend it to those that specialize in sporting activities, as it can be utilized in sports.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Harry Benjamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Harry Benjamin »

This is an amazing book. I recommend it to friends.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

This is a well written review. You were direct with your summary. I enjoyed reading your review. I also love the friendship of these five women.
Jeremiah Ekene
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jeremiah Ekene »

Nice review! The book seems appealing from your review. A job well done indeed.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

I was impressed by the author's ability to create a sense of place that was both vivid and realistic. The characters are so well-developed that they feel like real people, and their struggles and triumphs will stay with me for a long time
Peter Nene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-nene.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Peter Nene »

I highly recommend 'The Reel Sisters' to anyone seeking a captivating and emotionally resonant read. It's a tale of love, loss, and redemption that will stay with you long after you finish reading. Prepare to be swept away by its powerful storytelling
Mary Bliss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawman-3.html

Post by Mary Bliss »

Nice review for a nice book. Couldn't agree less with the review of this book. This has really stimulated my interest in reading this book. Kudos to you, keep it up
Mary Bliss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawman-3.html

Post by Mary Bliss »

Impressed by the author's ability to create a sense of place that was both vivid and realistic. The characters are so well-developed that they feel like real people, and their struggles and triumphs will stay with me for a long time

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”