Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohli.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Ohli »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise is a novel written by John K. Danenbarger. In the prologue, Geena, the daughter of Beth Sturgess has just received a letter with disturbing news and revelations about her father, mother, and brother. Having stated the decisions Geena planned to carry out, the author moved the story back into the past. Each chapter tells the story of a character. It details how his or her action or decision brings him or her into a fatal or beneficial linkage with other characters. These linkages are often unexpected, and their consequences can span more than one generation. Joe Tinkerman started the chain when he rescued Beth Sturgess from a life of prostitution and drug addiction. Beth added another link when she met and married Kevin. The couple added other links when they adopted Davis.

This novel has many positive aspects. The first is the diverse perspectives the characters brought into the narrative. The author made these diverse perspectives possible by giving a story to each character. Sometimes, the same story is told from the perspective of another character. The second positive aspect of this book is the way the author matched one of the themes in the book with the structure of the narrative. This theme is the consequences of the choices made over a long time. I can't see how the author could have successfully presented the theme without putting the past (the chapters) inside the present (the prologue and epilogue). Hence, the frames of this narrative contributed to the clarity of the theme. The third positive aspect of this book is the characters and the characterizations. The characters in this book are interesting for two reasons. Firstly, it is difficult to name a character as the protagonist in this novel. Each character received the same level of attention from the author. They are well-developed characters. The histories the author created for them are succinct. These histories did not distract from the main story. Secondly, each character played a major role in the story. Hence, this novel is not a single story. In this novel, I found stories nestled in stories. The third positive aspect is the fact that this book is not easy to read. I have to admit that some chapters, characters, and conversations in this book did not seem to make any contribution to the story. Examples of these are the chapters about Martin and his conversation with Ellen. However, I reread these parts and found that they symbolically contributed to the story. Hence, I love the fact that this novel rewarded close reading.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise does not have a negative aspect. I enjoyed reading it.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it has an intriguing plot and a literary style. I did not encounter any errors while reading this book. It was exceptionally well edited.

I recommend it to readers of literary fiction with elements of crime fiction in it.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mikail Nurur-Rahman1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikail-nurur-rahman1.html
Latest Review: Ituy by Taylor Willingham

Post by Mikail Nurur-Rahman1 »

Thanks to John K. Danenbarger, whose writing style I found to be really imaginative, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book. I'm forward to read more of your writing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”