Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Melody, a young girl, and Rose, Amanda, Sophie, and Veronica are the main characters in Michelle Cummings' book The Reel Sisters. Three women went fly fishing, and Rose, the oldest and the one who had experience with the activity, had introduced them to the amazing outing. The characters saved Melody's life during one of the adventures when they discovered her drowning. Before the expedition, their life goals were very different, but the newfound activity drew them together as friends. Did they manage to be friends throughout the book? To discover more, get a copy.

This book introduces the reader to some of the fascinating aspects of life. Veronica, who was going through a difficult career phase; Sophie, who had a disappointing love life; and Amanda, who had two children and a husband who was serving the country far away, all worked with Rose to find time for a new career in fly fishing. They developed into a group that grew stronger, closer, and filled with love, as can be seen from the book. In addition to their occupations, they took part in a variety of exciting activities. This book also demonstrates how collaboration affects career advancement. When people cooperate, they may easily achieve more. There is a plethora of knowledge about fly fishing and the incredible experience it provides in this book. I learned that doing what you enjoy with people you get along with could bring out the best in you.

The book has fantastic and perceptive characterizations throughout. Every one of the women was admirable in her own special way. Each one represented to me a special quality that all women share. Rose is a symbol of strength and knowledge. Sophie is the sweet and sympathetic one, and Veronica is the epitome of tenacity and willpower. Amanda's energy and grace; Melody's sense of humor and independence—almost everything about them worked wonderfully together.

There were no drawbacks to this book that I could find. The book's author wrote it in simple, clear language. I found it engaging and fascinating that the author provided the backstory of each of the women in the book. The book's plot and settings were both fantastic. I discovered a lot about fly fishing, an outdoor sport, from the book. The women's friendship link was greatly strengthened, and their relationships with one another were greatly aided by the practice. I must congratulate the author and editor for a job well done, as I found no errors in the book. I can therefore conclude that the work was exceptionally well edited.

I would rate this book five out of five stars. I find it interesting, and I learned more about friendship from it. Everyone who wants to understand everything there is to know about fly fishing should read this book, in my opinion. I would also recommend this book to women who are wary of female friendships and relationships because I think they should read it to learn the true power of female love. 

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

There were several significant lessons in the book Reel Sisters that readers may learn. One can sense the connection these women have, which serves as a model for other women. This book provides an adequate understanding of flyfishing. A wonderful review of a fantastic book.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings is one of the books I enjoyed reading. The book has helped me understand how to teat people with love. Good job.
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is one of my favourite books so far. Rose is my favourite as well. Great review and nice work.
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

The relationship between these ladies is what I admire. They share a passion, despite coming from different families and backgrounds. They still had a good relationship together. Your review is amazing.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Despite your critiques, your four-star rating shows that this book is still worth checking out. The writer of this book did a fantastic job.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I appreciate that you mentioned the book's length and confusing statements. It shows that you're honest and thorough in your review. What a captivating job
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

Friendship bonded by love and passion is what is entailed in this book. I admire the friendship these women share. Great review.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a heartwarming and empowering story of female friendship and the joys of fly fishing. I loved how the author created well-developed and relatable characters, and the message about the strength and power of female relationships was truly inspiring.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

The plot of this book is amazing. i had another definition of friendship after reading this book. women from different family and background are now bonded by love and passion. i can imagine the kind of relationship they share. your review is nice.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

The reel sisters is an interesting book with an amazing plot. I enjoyed reading the book from beginning to end and your review is amazing. I had another definition of friendship after reading this book.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

This book sounds like a movie that I'm currently watching. A group of ladies that come together to share a common idea and help each other. That is amazing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”