Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life is taken seriously, and if you are told that in a century, ninety-five percent of people alive will not remember your existence, you realize that things like power, money, and property that we fight for today were once fought for by someone who is no longer alive, and this lets us know that all this energy spent on something we would leave behind is not worth it. We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is a story about how leaders used to have influence and power in the Kingdom of Voulhire.

Galen had escaped the Land of Princes because of the civil war, which led to death either by hunger or a sword. When he got to Magnum Caelum, where his uncle had left him money and property, he met Rowan, who was his executor. Galen wished he had come earlier, before his uncle's passing, because he was curious about how his uncle ended up in Magnum Caelum, but despite this, he was happy for his new life.

The city of Hillport had just suffered the evil of its former leader, Lord Meldorath, and its people were yet to forget such evil. King Wilhelm has given Hillport a new lord named Eldus. His job is to set the people of Hillport free and make the city successful. Everyone believed that Lord Meldorath was dead, and Riva Rohavi used this time to plot evil. This leaves us with questions like, "Is Lord Meldorath alive?" "Was Lord Eldus able to save Hillport?" "Did Riva Rohavi's plot succeed?" Get this book to find out.

I liked this book because Matthew filled it with suspense, and he was able to get his readers' attention. Matthew was able to introduce his characters and their significant roles, and he made it easy to differentiate the scenes while reading. I liked how Lord Eldus could relate to the people of Hillport City and didn't let his new status get to his head. I also love that Lord Eldus' family was supportive, especially his wife, throughout this time.

I didn't have any reason to dislike this book, and I didn't encounter any errors while reading it, which shows that We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz was exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fantasy novels that explain the use of magic. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed Matthews' writing style.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Lightning Child by Quinn Lamothe
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 1%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Good job on your detailed review. I loved the lord Eldus. My best scene was his encounter he had with the boy that has gone through abuse under the previous lord.
Martin Kalu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martin-kalu.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Martin Kalu »

Really impressive , people come and go ,life continues .The fight for better tomorrow keeps getting harder . lord Eldus relationship with the people of hillport city calls for emulation.A nice book nice rating too .
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I have seen so many good reviews about this novel and seeing yours now has given me all the necessary motivation I need to read this as soon as possible. I love history novels that is infused with magic!
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

The introduction got me, we shouldn't jeopardize the safety and happiness others in pursue of wealth.
I think this book holds a lot of life lessons to be leant.
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

The suspenseful aspect of the book "We are voulhire" is what captivates me. One lesson in this book is; there is more to life than fame and fortune. I particularly like how Lord Eldus portrayed the modest character.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Timbria & The Magical Meadow by K. Cupp

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Bad leaders has never been a good thing. I think the major cause of bad leadership is poor exposure, bad education and greed which makes them forget their promises when they come into power.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

Their is a special feeling when you have something to inherit 😁😁😁. I wonder how Galen would have felt when he saw what his uncle left for him. Would check out for more your reviews. This is great.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

This is a wonderful review and detailed. I agree with you about the suspense and with a review like this. Readers know what to expect. Nice work.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I agree with your positive assessment of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz. The author did an excellent job of creating a strong foundation for the series and the characters had a lot of depth.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

The ability of authors to create works out of nothing doesn't seize I amaze me. I really commend their efforts to write these books. Awesome review.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

The introduction got me, we shouldn't jeopardize the safety and happiness others in pursue of wealth.
I think this book holds a lot of life lessons to be leant.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Merits Anih »

The fact that the book is well-edited and free of typos and errors is a testament to the author's attention to detail. It's reassuring to hear that the reviewer didn't find anything to dislike about the book.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The mention of beautifully portrayed scenes suggests that "We are Voulhire" is a visually stunning book that can transport readers to another world. The fact that the book is well-edited and free of errors is a sign of the author's professionalism and commitment to quality.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The fact that the book starts out slowly but picks up speed suggests that readers will need to invest some time in the story, but that it will ultimately be worth it.
The book's exploration of the interplay between magic, knowledge, and skill could make it an interesting read for fans of science fiction and speculative fiction as well as fantasy.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”